Zen -> Cen -> Sen, evolution of a minimalistic IV Converter

SEN (evaluation kit)

Hi:

1) I am looking to buy SEN (evaluation kit) with or without matched 2SK170BL for PCM1704 DAC. Anybody with an extra or used kit?

2) As I understand I'll need to get eight (8) matched 2SK170BL for SEN I/V. If available match is Idss 6.4 to 9mA, then is there any preference to what Idss they are matched?

3) Is 2SK170BL the final recommendation from EUVL or after so much experience with SEN, now he recommends some other JFETs?

Regards

You may contact MarkLai by email and see if he has time and stock to supply you.
Time is the biggest problem for all of us right now.

If you use SEN for PCM1704, you will need 4 matched 2SK170BL for each PCM1704 chip (one channel single ended).
Personally I would choose higher Idss.

You can also use one 2SK369V to replace 2x 2SK170BL in parallel.
So for each PCM1704, you need one matched pair of 2SK369V.

Hope it is clear,
Patrick

You may contact MarkLai by email and see if he has time and stock to supply you.
Time is the biggest problem for all of us right now.

If you use SEN for PCM1704, you will need 4 matched 2SK170BL for each PCM1704 chip (one channel single ended).
Personally I would choose higher Idss.

You can also use one 2SK369V to replace 2x 2SK170BL in parallel.
So for each PCM1704, you need one matched pair of 2SK369V.

Hope it is clear,
Patrick

Thanks Patrick! I understand that I am rather very late to the party. Still, I request all to help me.

2SK369V or 2x 2SK170BL

These questions might have been answered earlier but can someone authoritatively summarize the options and results on choices on JFETs?

1) 2SK170BL

2) 2SK369V

3) LSK389

4) Any other choices?

Which sounds better?
Which measures better?
Issue with thermal tracking?
Issues with Idss matching?
Numbers needed for each PCM1704 chip (one channel single ended)

Last edited:
Late

As far as I remember nobody compared these options and reported the result in this thread. Why don't you do it and report here?
You can of course also just use what you can source most easily :)

As said, I am late to the party. I don't have anything to report on. I am looking to buy the evaluation kit as well as best empirically recommended JFETs for PCM1704.

If you are not prepared to try things out yourself, as everyone here who built the circuit did, then I am afraid you are at the wrong place.
It is also precisely why we called it an evaluation kit.

Patrick

Perhaps! my last post was confusing. I meant, I don't have an evaluation kit and so far I have been unable to source a kit.

I'll be happy to report back if someone wants to share :) an extra kit with me!