Zaph going to crucify me? ZD5 Questions :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looks very nice. Good job, And yeah I do not care for the color much either but hey we are all different.

This is my new proposed sealed mid-tower design layout for the daytom MTM curved cabs in piano black.

I am thinking of useing lead shot for stablity but not sure if there are any drawbacks over regular sand.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Ding ding ding! I think I have a winner. I was tossing around some ideas on visio to try to come up with a better solution that was more true to Zaphs intended 7" cabinet but still use the curved prebuilt cabs from Dayton and by george I think I got it!

My idea is to go ahead and use the .5 cabinet since all the difficult work is in the curved cabinet design. Then build a custom 1" front baffle to mount the drivers. Of course scaloping out the back of the mid like no tommorow. The front actual mounting baffle turns out even more narrow than the intended design coming in at 6.25"

Also I plan the front baffle color scheme as show. Black and silver. I think visually it will be quite stunning. Still figuring out the grill, but thinking of somthing along the lines of Sonus Fabers low tension thick silk strands...

I did a quick comparison visually and it seems building the new front tapered baffle for the .5 enclosure will be 10x better than going with the 8" wide cab. Well in my mind anyways. Any experts care to comment if this will be a better solution for me as I want to use the prebuilt curved dayton cabs?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi,

I cannot see what is planned being worse than the 8" wide baffle.

FWIW any one planning messing about with the vented tuning :
The tuning is very sensitive and compared to 0.88 cuft @ 33Hz
for a nominal 0.75 cuft box actually 33 Hz is not too bad. This
is just quick and dirty approximation but it indicates a reduction
to 32Hz is required, 31Hz and 30Hz likely OK, any lower not.

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.