Z5500 Subwoofer dead(with pics). How to repair?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently couple of rats have invaded my house and one of them even dared to enter the subwoofer.
And here is the result:
ImageShack Album - 6 images

From then, ALL the satellites and control pad is working totally fine just like new ones...EXCEPT the subwoofer.

You can see the condition of the subwoofer in the pictures.
I took the subwoofer to the local repair shops(as the speakers are more than 2yrs old and hence out of warranty).
They replaced some of the damaged capacitors and wires..but none of the 4 repair shops to make the sub functional again :(

Now how can i repair the sub myself..? Or can anyone tell me any good repair shop in Bangalore(India) who can repair it without fail...

Cheers.

You can see the condition of the subwoofer in the pictures.
I took the subwoofer to the local repair shops(as the speakers are more than 2yrs old and hence out of warranty).
They replaced some of the damaged capacitors and wires..but none of the 4 repair shops to make the sub functional again :(

in img3165m.jpg i see on the right something that looks like 2 blown caps , very hard to make it out on the image. and two cut wires.?

was these before or after the repair shops "replaced" the caps?

Nope. Driver is not replaced. But since it is not 100% damaged, i was expecting atleast some minor noise from the sub to tell that the circuit is working...

If the voice coil itself isn't working, you could damage the amplifier trying to use it. A short circuit on the output will kill most amplifiers.

If the driver has gone open circuit, you won't get any noise out either.

Chris

MAJOR UPDATE:
I had given it to a big enough service center..they took 15 days and Rs.1600 to repair and got back the product today. They replaced an IC and reconed the driver.
But all i can say is...i'm dissapointed
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Though the sub works...its nowhere near what it used to sound before
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
That guy said..they need to replace 2 more ICs to get the original sound and it cost 2k more....

Now i'm totally pissed off and don't want to spend anything more on this. Looks like i have to live with no (almost)BASS music and movies :/

After the repair, there is very low bass...do you think i can improve it if i replace the driver with something like this: Rockford Fosgate P1S810 - 10'' 300 Watt 8-Ohm Subwoofer ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.