Yes, you can hear Phase differences !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@ klaush1 = Klaus Heinz

Thanks for posting :)

It seems that some people have misunderstood what your Free VST software plugin actually achieves with your speakers!

Absolute polarity it is NOT what it's about

It's not about just getting the phase correct in the Xover region BUT, throughout the FULL TOTAL frequency range. And because the hard work has already been done, it's a Very quick & simple task to enable the plugin & set a few options. This then reveals the magic, & as i said before, it's Not subtle. So this proves, it is the way to go from now on.

Doubters only need to get a proper demo, & then they will soon discover what i did.

»A new trick became reality with modern DSP and FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filters. It became possible to store parts of the

signal in the DSP and wait, until everything would be in the right timely order before being transmitted further. By doing so

phase can be influenced independently from frequency response, a linear phase loudspeaker finally is possible.«

Klaus Heinz: To DSP or not to DSP - that is the question - Heinz Electrodynamic Designs

Attachments

• H1.png
    H1.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 145
  • H2.png
    H2.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 146
@ klaush1 = Klaus Heinz

Thanks for posting :)

It seems that some people have misunderstood what your Free VST software plugin actually achieves with your speakers!

Absolute polarity it is NOT what it's about

It's not about just getting the phase correct in the Xover region BUT, throughout the FULL TOTAL frequency range.
I think most people, if not all of us that have posted understood that, why do you think otherwise?

How about we agree it's "absolute polarity"? Phase implies a reference, polarity does not.

And one wonders how the terminology might seem difficult!

It seems to me electrical and audio share many (most) terms but then there’s the application....... the EE has terms that the audio engineer might use differently(and vice versa), then there’s the audiophiles who make up their own words and of course the clueless who try to make sense of it convoluting everything along the way (me included)
:p

So this VST software is only going to work with computer based systems?

Im looking at dsp based multi amp setup in the near future......and I thought the dbx driverack pa 2 was FIR based but seems as though it’s not?

Is there a ‘one box’ solution that has xo,eq, and involves proper phase correction? At least to the point of ‘zeroing’ the phase shift points?

Edit.....also would be nice to be able to identify phase shift measurement real time.....not just phase polarity.

Last edited:
@ scottjoplin

Because some people are going on about 180 phase shift, & only Xover phase etc

@ mountainman bob

Yes, this particular VST software is only going to work with computer based systems right now, But, there is software that allows you to run VST's without a DAW. I've forgotten what it is though ! You might be able to run this in for eg Minidsp etc & then use a plugin/s.

Also there is this rePhase, a loudspeaker phase linearization, EQ and FIR filtering tool

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.