YBA PASSION 1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Anyone who knows Mr YBA, knows he's always been into Copper, not bras.
Yves-Bernard André is a lecturer/researcher at the (prestigious) tech-U in Palaiseau, just under Paris, full-time employed since before he started the YBA brand.

(My favorite vintages are quarante-cinq to soixante, percent. The red stuff is the ingredient for the resto business to make a profit, otherwise good to drown a chicken with, not yourself)

At 15k I expected it to be gold or platinum not just copper if its that :rolleyes:

well ... the amplifier is repaired regarding the electrical failure around the soft start circuit nothing soundwise needs to be repaired according to the costumer and as we speak the costumer is happy with the sound .

He is going to spent some time waiting the YBA answer ( between me an you i dont see it coming ) and then will start all legal actions against YBA regarding the safetey issues and the CE / classification fraud ....

kind regards
sakis

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
well ... the amplifier is repaired regarding the electrical failure around the soft start circuit nothing soundwise needs to be repaired according to the costumer and as we speak the costumer is happy with the sound .

He is going to spent some time waiting the YBA answer ( between me an you i dont see it coming ) and then will start all legal actions against YBA regarding the safetey issues and the CE / classification fraud ....

kind regards
sakis

Sakis Im curious as to what you think of this amps sound compaired to the ESP amp ?
I was waiting to see if you did a comparison like you do in your other thread but seems you holding out on us. :(

Spill it out please. :)

How to sue a company that went belly up in 2010 ?

Afaig, Mr André was at YBA in name only for the last seven years of operation.
He bought back the company name from a third party that had acquired the remains, the "new" YBA has no connection to the old one in a legal perspective.

If this Passion 1000 item was manufactured a decade ago, maybe you could sue Mrs André, she was the CEO & general manager before 2003. :clown:

Sakis Im curious as to what you think of this amps sound compaired to the ESP amp ?
I was waiting to see if you did a comparison like you do in your other thread but seems you holding out on us. :(

Spill it out please. :)

ha ha ha ...i have no interest on comparing apples with oranges ..... apple to apple and orange to orange will be a more wise thing to do .

To be honest with you i would never be bothered to listen from something that doesn't meet the typical electrical laws that comes with class AB amplifiers such is symmetry and bandwidth .

the P3a i am listening to has very nice square wave that is close to almost 100Khz why bother to listen from one that hardly makes 30 ?

so i didn't make any detailed listening from it .... i couldn't be bothered

Kind regards
sakis

How to sue a company that went belly up in 2010 ?

Afaig, Mr André was at YBA in name only for the last seven years of operation.
He bought back the company name from a third party that had acquired the remains, the "new" YBA has no connection to the old one in a legal perspective.

If this Passion 1000 item was manufactured a decade ago, maybe you could sue Mrs André, she was the CEO & general manager before 2003. :clown:

hei Jacco !!! always good to see you ....
( makes me also wonder how are you these days ....especially now that the Dutch are ..."""walking on a Greek path """ ha ha ha .....Hope oy manage though ...better than us )

Jacco you will never believe how well is Government divisions of Greece work when it comes to things like that .... They will trace any responsibilities and hunt them down .... If there is one responsible for such an action like screwing up with regulations related to safety and electrics they will eventually do find someone to blame .

I may be pushing this of limits but think that a machine like that could be responsible for the death of a user .... Do you think that in such a case the responsible person will face the teeth of the court ? Only it doesn't have to cost the life of a person to trace down the screw up and take it to court .

kind regards
sakis

EDIT : Jacco if things a re getting pretty daisy in Holland remember that your invitation is always open !!!!

Friend Sakis,

haven't you noticed that Greeks with fluent cash are moving abroad and Dutch with benefits into Greece ?

The general idea is that we swap residency completely, the Greek can handle what's left of the electronics business here, and we'll do the shipping & yachting from Greece soil.
The new arrivals in Kranidi are just a scouting party, once we've exchanged 10 million people on both sides, they'll be shipped back to The Hague.

(seriously, i'm relieved of the current events, artificial blondes with rascist tendencies are not my cup of tsipouro )

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Of course.... and well enough thanks, my friend...but you know, Jacco might prefer toobs, so maybe that wouldn't work out so good anyway..heh heh! :clown:

I believe many countries have firm regulation on safety issues but for small cases, the law stops at the border, so any personal case with former CEOs would need to be very serious to even pursue a compensation matter in an international court.

I don't know how the product was purchased or whether your customer was the first purchaser or even if it was a gift but it is "buyer beware" with any used products without conformance marks. He still needs a proof of purchase such as a receipt in most courts and this would at least require reference to applicable disclaimers and warranties.

'Could be quite a tough job.

Friend Sakis,

haven't you noticed that Greeks with fluent cash are moving abroad and Dutch with benefits into Greece ?

The general idea is that we swap residency completely, the Greek can handle what's left of the electronics business here, and we'll do the shipping & yachting from Greece soil.
The new arrivals in Kranidi are just a scouting party, once we've exchanged 10 million people on both sides, they'll be shipped back to The Hague.

(seriously, i'm relieved of the current events, artificial blondes with rascist tendencies are not my cup of tsipouro )

the amazing Dutch !!!!
keep in touch my friend !!

either we want it or not Ian its is not like that in Greece . European community regulations apply to things like that such is safety classification marking and so on and actually this is happening more than 20 years now ... so the "border" is way too big to mess up with

amplifier was first hand, costumer keeps all the documentation since he paid above 60.000 euros for preamp, amp, speakers,cables and so on in a shop in UK .

also i am not familiar with the term "buyer beware" when this applies to a legally purchased equipment from a UK hi end shop

any way i keep an eye on this to see how its going but generally i have bigger fish to fry so i don't think i will bother very much with it in the feature ....

will see

I know this is an old thread. I just found the correct spelling of "YBA" instead of YBL!!! I was very impressed with a 70W per channel that I tested in 1998. I don't know the model. I want to find the schematic of a YBA amp, anyone has a link to the schematic of a YBA power amp?

Thanks

Last edited:
Check post #16 for service manual.

Craig
I found one YBA schematic on the site, it's the Passion 300. I had to take a picture of the screen with my camera because it cannot be saved, copied or anything. Now I have the Passion 1000 and Passion 300, they are very simple schematic. IPS is complementary LTP with degeneration and resistor load only. Driving a balanced non darlington VAS which drives the BJT OPS. It's nothing unusual. The closed loop gain is quite high with relative low open loop gain. So the loop gain is not high. It is even simpler than my Acurus which is a lot cheaper.

Why it sounds so good and cost so much??

Thanks

Last edited:
Alan,

First google "YBA P1000 SM", the ElectroTanya site should be the first on the page. Then the third line under the picture will read "This file is downloadable free of charge; processing". After a minute or so the "processing" will become "get manual", click on that. Now you have the service manual.

Craig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.