Yamaha CA1010 Speaker Relay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks

i´m mailing from Sweden and i have Yamaha CA1010 with a problem.

The right channel "disapear" sometimes or i got fuzzy tones from it. I have located a problem

It is a speaker relay underneath the amp.

I have opened it and cleaned with a buisness card etc and the problem dissapeard for a while..2 months

Now the problem is back and i wonder if you can help me with another one.

I have no idea which one do i need.

We have 230V in Sweden.

as you can see it says

Matsushita 12V

AP50014

and i´ll send you a pictures

YAMAHA CA1010 have 2 relays

one for speakers and one for CLASS A A/B

Is it a same type relay on both sides ?

Thx for any answer!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    763 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    438 KB · Views: 202
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    439.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    445.6 KB · Views: 225
Hi Peter,
cleaning the contacts is also my first idea. Have you measured the 12V DC for the relais? In some old amplifier the voltage lose by ageing of components sometimes. Capacitors for example.
When the voltage is to low the relais pull to weak.

Hi

i have cleaned every contact switches etc but i have not measured relay voltage-

Then i cleaned relay and it was a bit dirt between the contacts and after that it worked perfectly for 2 months.

So i suppose that it is a relay wich i must replace?

Do you know where in Europe i can buy this relay or other places ?

This CA1010 i have is old but it was not much used .

Best regards

Joined 2010
Paid Member
HL2-HP-DC12V-F - PANASONIC EW - POWER RELAY, 24VDC, 10A, DPDT | Farnell Sverige
The above specification of the relay says it is operated by 24V Dc and the contacts are only rated to 125VAC, so it can't have 230V AC or DC voltages present. Actually, neither speakers, A/AB switching or anything after the power transformer operates with mains voltage, in case you are concerned about that danger.

HL2-HP-DC12V-F - PANASONIC EW - POWER RELAY, 24VDC, 10A, DPDT | Farnell Sverige
The above specification of the relay says it is operated by 24V Dc and the contacts are only rated to 125VAC, so it can't have 230V AC or DC voltages present. Actually, neither speakers, A/AB switching or anything after the power transformer operates with mains voltage, in case you are concerned about that danger.

Correct me if i ´m wrong so i can have this relay without any problem ?

Becouse it not use main voltage 230V ?

is speaker relay same as class a relay `?

Thank you

Hi folks

i have changed places of relay which is underneath (speaker relay) and the one above Class A A/B.

Now there is no speaker distorsion or cut off.

I ve cleaned both relay anyway with a credit card ..
Sounds great to me :)

I want to have a brighter VU light .

Can you recommend me some ?

Did some of you paired Yamaha ca1010 or ca2010 with Totem Staff or Arro speakers ?

If so what do you think about the sound ?

Thank you!

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The question you asked about the suitability of the replacement relay was answered earlier by tvi. It seems you've already tried cleaning the
contacts and found that was only a temporary repair. Unless you use an ultrafine abrasive paper such as "Crocus Paper" or the like, which polish
and clean, it's difficult to say that simply wiping with paper will have much lasting effect.

The lamps in the VU meters are seldom specified in a parts list as they are part of the VU meter so it is not possible to advise without guessing.
Remember, the amplifier is now over 35 years old and those parts have not been fitted in new amplifiers for many years, despite retro designs
that now look quite similar.

The bulbs, IIRC, are typically tiny tubes about 3 mm dia x 8-15 mm long. I don't see these now and I don't think you will find what you are
looking for without buying old stock parts from a service agency and trying a few types at the voltage available - if you can buy any, that is.
These are not socketed, they are usually soldered in place.

Brighter lamps are hotter too, so be careful the plastic does not melt with higher power lamps. Adapting LEDs would be better but this takes
some electrical design work and fitting skills to get even illumination.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.