XP-10 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you don't mind, I trying to describe my experiences with XP-10 vs. DIY BoSoZ.
I always thought, BoSoZ an excellent preamp, if you use it as balanced in/balanced out mode.
I continue to maintain this view.
Well, what can I say about comparsion?
Of course, as I said earlyer, XP-10 better in every respect.
But I do not feel the overwhelming superiority.
Most important, I think, with XP-10 you don't must listen to music loudly, it can reveal all details of music, at a lower sound level.
Perhaps this is what we call dynamics and high signal to noise ratio.
Bass is more controlled, there is more air, tintinnabuli.
More precise and refined sound stage.
While BoSoZ has a little bit shrill and edgy sound, and you must listen to it a somewhat higher level.
Of course, for all these differences I have told others can kill.

Despite all of this, I like my BoSoZ, it is a lovely piece.
I am not crying already now. :)

Audio chain was the following:
PC -> WaveIO -> MSB Platinum Link DAC -> PASS XP-10 or DIY BoSoZ -> DIY PASS Sony VFET kit -> Fostex FE206e in M. J. Kings ML TL.

I'm not a cable fetishist, please excuse me. ;)

Attachments

• JockSniffing.jpg
    JockSniffing.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 104
You can right.
It is only my own very subjective and biassed opinion.
(It is built by me, so it can only good.)
Surely there are conditions, which have not been taken into account, see cable question, for example.
For me, the most important, I'm happy with what I built, it is a great pleasure for me to listen to music with it.

The rest... does not matter.

Last edited:
That UGS thingie really exciting, but I don't feel to urge myself to throw out everything from my hand to made one. Or two of them.
(I'm a lucky guy, have some original 2SK389s and 2SJ109s.)
So, maybe, once...
I'm more nervous because of my second Sony VFET kit on the customs for four weeks now. :( :( ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.