xo for scan speak 6600

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi every one
i need help xo 18db/octave for scan speak 6600 tweeter
xo frequency 3500Hz

best regards
NEHORAY

Attachments

• image51.jpg
    image51.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 360
Hi, 2khz seems better. This tweeter is not done to support high level below 2khz.
;)
Is this tweeter can fit with a 95db midrange ? Is the tweeter sonically marry the 8" ?

I think it is better to use less expensive driver but in a more linear range (e.g. 5"+1"). The result is almost good.
Have fun.

Hi jerome69,

drivers are still at my friend's home. I selected an 8" because I will use a side-firing 15" woofer, so Fx woofer/mid has to be low (100 to 150Hz max); that's the reason I needed a large cone area for the upper-bass/low-mid range; also I didn't want to build a 4-ways speaker, so no high-mid driver.

That been said I guess ending up with a 91dbs/1 watt/ 1 M global efficiency. Theorically the 6600 should be able to handle 111 dbs at 1600Hz half space with its 0.8mm one way max mechanical excursion. With the slight roll-off begining a bit sooner I thought 1400Hz should be safe enough (100watts)...Distorsions on Zaph's site seem to be low even at this fr...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.