XMOS DSD 384 kHz / 32bit USB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi..

Interested in both module, Also can you provide the da101c transformers?
Can the module produce 2 output at once? im thinking about building a USB-SPDIF and USB-I2S-BUFFALOIII-ANALOG DAC
Last question, Im using a Win7 OS. and theres no driver yet for this OS right? Are you planning to create one?

Thanks.

Last edited:
... Also can you provide the da101c transformers?
Can the module produce 2 output at once? ...
Last question, Im using a Win7 OS. and theres no driver yet for this OS right? ...

Hi,

Yes, I can provide DA101C.

Yes, the module can produce 2 outputs at once, but up to 192KHz (it can't transmit DSD over S/PDIF). I2S and S/PDIF outputs work well together.

There is a new driver XMOS USB Audio 2.0 Stereo Driver for Windows, which one can download from XMOS site after registration. This driver is suitable for Win XP to 8 for both x86 and x64. There are no beeps after period of time.

https://www.xmos.com/support/documentation/xkits/Reference Designs?product=14772

Regards,
Joro

Last edited:
I'm not used to Amanero or WaveIo cause I don't have them but for Me this module by Joro is a lot better than my previous dacs ( Auralic Ark Mx+, Schiit Bifrost, Audio Widget with Es9023 or Ak4430, Jkdac and Jkdac32).

In the meanwhile I've tried the AudioPhile Optimize by a Swiss guy ( It's an app that symplistically disable a lot of needless features under win 2012 server) and, believe me or not, sound is very very clear without any residual trace of distortion.

Frank

Those of you who purchased this board, any comments on performance?

Do you think it's better than 1.63 ?

Frank

Hi,

Yes, I can provide DA101C.

Yes, the module can produce 2 outputs at once, but up to 192KHz (it can't transmit DSD over S/PDIF). I2S and S/PDIF outputs work well together.

There is a new driver XMOS USB Audio 2.0 Stereo Driver for Windows, which one can download from XMOS site after registration. This driver is suitable for Win XP to 8 for both x86 and x64. There are no beeps after period of time.

https://www.xmos.com/support/documentation/xkits/Reference Designs?product=14772

Regards,
Joro

Do you think it's better than 1.63 ?

Frank

Hi,

After many tests, I think that the new driver is almost the same to Thesycon 1.63 (the new driver is based on Thesycon USB Audio driver). The only problem which I found is when one quickly changes the Fs from 44.1kHz or 48kHz to 192kHz or higher, there is an error, but the music doesn’t stop (only one little quiet beep, when the error arose). I write to XMOS support about this error and still waiting for an answer :) OS was Win7 x64.

Regards,
Joro

Hi Joro,
I am in school studying to be a computer engineer and have made it a summer project to build a high end DAC/AMP combo for my headphones.

From my understanding, I need this module to convert USB to I2C. Your module reduces jitter, and presents the DAC with a clean I2C source. Afterwards I can pick any DAC I want, get it to operate in I2C mode, connect it to your module, and out comes the analog signal.

Afterwards I pass the 4 analog outputs to my 4 line amp boards and out comes a completely balanced signal to my headphones.

In general, is this correct?

Also what makes your module stand out above the other 2?

Thanks!

From my understanding, I need this module to convert USB to I2C. Your module reduces jitter, and presents the DAC with a clean I2C source. Afterwards I can pick any DAC I want, get it to operate in I2C mode, connect it to your module, and out comes the analog signal.

Not I2C, it's I2S - it's not the same protocol!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/65903-i2s-bus-vs-i2c-bus.html

---
Sent a long time ago from a Galaxy [Tab] far far away using Tapatalk HD

I think this is very different between Asus Xonar U7 and XMOS/PCM5102. Asus Xonar U7 use CS4398 it only support 192K output. Also as I know ASUS Xonar U7 have some audio effect on it (Like Dolby). This is for gaming product. It not suitable to compare Asus Xonar U7 with XMOS/PCM5012. You may use Asus Xonar STU to compare with XMOS/PCM5012 will be better.

Hello, i am very interested in this XMOS/PCM5102 or AK4396 combinations, but i can't figure out their sound quality range.
How do they sound compared to - say - Asus Xonar U7 or V-DAC II?
Thank you for any information and personal experience!

Actually, i use an Asus Xonar STX with 49990 opamps (i'm interested in this USB DAC for one of my friends) and i find it very satisfying for my taste, i really find it difficult to believe that a <100€ DAC can better it!
My interest is increasing, i'm quite thinking about buying one for myself... i'll try the one for my friend and evaluate a second purchase...

Just a thing: i'll need to have optical/coaxial inputs in the standalone DAC i'll realize using your XMOS/AK4396 combination. Is it possible to do?
Where should i connect the optical/coaxial inputs cable leads on the AK4396 board?
More: how could i connect a rotative switch to select between USB and coaxial inputs? I mean: looking at the picture of your combination, it seems to me the 2 boards are connected directly and without cables... so what could i connect to the switch?
Thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.