• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB - power supply caps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested

Reply for Apex Jr.

I've been trawling the web without much success for spec's on those 26000uF Philips caps that you're selling . Have you any details on ripple current, ESR, and the like. Are they equivalent to the BC Components 3186's (except for not having screw terminals), as I understand that Philips have now bought BC.

Can you post these details either here or to my own e-mail address as I'm quite interested in buying several.

Thanks.

P.S. You've already given me a quote on sending 12 to the UK, I may well increase that to 16 if the specs are good enough.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
ABSOLUTELY

The Key on the spec sheet are the letters in the
part number. The 3186 is only a series the rest
tells you the information needed.
Complete part number
3186EE263UO75HPA2

We know the 263 = 26 and 3 zero's 26,000uf
75 = 75 volts
one letter states leads instead of screw terminals

My fax number is 818 248-0490

Thanks for the offer

Steve
Apex Jr

Thanks

Cheers Thingyness & Steve for the info.

As far as I can tell from the spec. sheet, the 26kuF @ 75V has a ripple current of at least 8.3A (Couldn't see an exact match for Steve's devices).

My plan is to have a pi-filter PSU for my Aleph 5 of 2*26kuF-2mH-2*26kuF for each voltage rail, similar to the figures suggested by NP at this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6110

Using NP's RoT, this suggests that the first cap. on each voltage rail should see 2.5A (*3=7.5, I even have some margin. Wow!). Am I overlooking anything basic here, as I'm not overkeen on NP's exploding capacitor approach!?! :hot:

P.S. Transformers are 2*ILP 28-0-28 500VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.