• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: F4 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A set that I mentioned is two amp boards (one PCB with a scoring line) and same size single PS board. If someone needs additional PS board, that would be extra.

The amp boards will be sold close to the cost, probably $5/pair or so. PS boards will be sold at $15/pc or so, as this is my design and I can set the price accordingly.

Of course this is still subject to my actual cost from PCB house.

There isn't yet, but the PS board will work with all type of rectifier diodes (2 pin, 3 pin, TO-220, TO-247). It is good for symmetrical supplies, with one pair of caps per rail and series resistors for passive filtering. In place of resistors one can install regulators (LM78XX, LM2937, adjustable LM317, LT1086 and their negative counterparts all will work here). There is also enough space for regulator's heatsinking.

The board is also ready for 4 pole Jensen caps, where their advantage can be utilized (after cutting some traces).

Thanks, Peter.
Dumb question. If I want to build monoblocks like Steen, will I need
The price should not exceed $20 for two amp boards and PS board package.

4 amp boards and 2 PS boards?

Can somebody start a group buy Wiki on this so Peter can keep it all straight?

Lyndon
Salt Lake City

Slightly off topic: Steen was saying he thinks we need a powerful preamp to drive these. I have been working a year on my 12b4 linestage. Will that have enough juice to drive it?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
LuckyLyndy said:

Slightly off topic: Steen was saying he thinks we need a powerful preamp to drive these. I have been working a year on my 12b4 linestage. Will that have enough juice to drive it?

you can expect max. amplification factor of 5,5 ,little more than 14db......

all depends what spks you have

Choky, er Mr. Zen Mod
I have similar speakers to Steen. I built those ProAc 2.5 clones with a killer X-over. They are not too sensitive at about 86 dB. I first built the Aleph 30, and it was alright, but they responded much better to the Krell KSA 50 project.
Thus, I was just reflecting on what Steen was saying about doing a monoblock version of these. Or maybe biamp the Krell for the bottom end and the F4 for the mids and highs?
:D

And that's how they will look:

Attachments

• b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,586
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.