Would a small folded midrange horn work?

What would you estimate the directivity of one cabinet to be at ~1200Hz?

Hello Fredi, this questions is beyond my limited knowledge. Once this cab has a big flare at output I think the dispersion would be different horizontally compared to vertical position of the box.

For outdoor use I would use them in horizontal position while indoor it may doesn't matter much if you pointing them to where you are sitting.

To cross at 1200Hz it may depending from what driver you are assembling, For sure 1000Hz is doable for average drivers in the market with low Qts.

I tried to read the WLX style hornresp input stuff but don't see well- What corrections does "this" need?

To simulate the WLX box I used CH model from Hornresp. Check attached image.

WLX

Using Nd model with 18" driver, your model seems fine.

Attachments

• WLX-System-Model.png
    WLX-System-Model.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 16
Lookie -- PRV's 10FR300 ~10KHz peak comes out unscathed from LORDSANSUI's "Smallhorn3".

Aesthetically speaking, {IMO smallhorn3's proportions and mouth/angle are things of great beauty. If vented a slot port may look better than round ducts.

(I've definitely got one of the best builder - testing friends in the world)

Attachments

• Smallhorn Unit 2 driver commp.PNG
    Smallhorn Unit 2 driver commp.PNG
    221.7 KB · Views: 16
  • smallhorn3 Unit 2 pretty..jpg
    smallhorn3 Unit 2 pretty..jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
The vented version consider it placed on top of the mouth as you can see below. It would improve driver cooling a lot.

Another option might be place rounded vent in the removable panel, so it will be 90 degrees from the mouth, in this case might be better to consider the vent only for cooling and so High Pass the signal to "disable" the vent audio output.

Attachments

• SmallHorn4-586x647-122L.png
    SmallHorn4-586x647-122L.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 14