Worlds ugliest chipamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This must be the uglist chipamp in existance:

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

video:
YouTube - Ugly 2.1 channel amplifier

Its safe to say that the transformer in the amiga psu is MAX 100VA so i'd say 2.5-3A tops.

The TDA7293 seem to be performing well all way down to just a few Hz, the feedback cap is 270µF and input dc blocking is 1µF, i also have a passive lowpass filter on it and passive highpass filters on the stereo channels that cross around 90Hz.

You know what I'd do with that thing? Once I checked that it operated and that there were no bare-wire shorts anywhere, I'd put the whole thing in a bucket, and pour two-part high-temperature clear epoxy over the whole thing, with only the heatsink sticking out. Then I'd carve into it with a chainsaw to carve out the amplifier as one solid block, then sand the sides flat with finer and finer sandpaper, then wet sand it for a mirror-smooth surface.

Call it a work of modern art.

hey, show us the picture..............thanks

You know what I'd do with that thing? Once I checked that it operated and that there were no bare-wire shorts anywhere, I'd put the whole thing in a bucket, and pour two-part high-temperature clear epoxy over the whole thing, with only the heatsink sticking out. Then I'd carve into it with a chainsaw to carve out the amplifier as one solid block, then sand the sides flat with finer and finer sandpaper, then wet sand it for a mirror-smooth surface.

I'd love to see the finished product. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.