Wire Post for Wire Mangement [3D Print]

NOTE: This is still a work in progress, but the current design has proven to work rather well and has great fit and function at this point. Hardware needed is M3 bolts (8-20mm bolts work, ~12mm is ideal) and an associated M3 nut.

I'm giving these iterations away for free as a thank you to the diyaudio community. Interested parties just send me a prepaid shipping label so no money needs to be transferred. Reach out via PM to coordinate.

I created the wire post to help with wire separation and management in my F5m chassis (but works on all amps), and plan to share a final product as I go through iterations to optimize the design. There are now 4 different versions that are based on height (57mm, 100mm, 130mm, and 160mm). They all work well and create great zip tie points to hold wiring firmly in place and appropriately spaced (that part is up to you).

These mount to the bottom plate with a M3 bolt and nut (nut is technically optional). It will thread securely into the PLA print as the pocket/hole is 19mm deep and smaller than the thread outer diameter, however, there's also a slot if you want to add additional "rock solid" connection using an M3 nut (just slide the nut down the slot prior to bolting the post to the plate so the bolt threads into the nut).

The whole point is to create a structural point to connect to that guides and separates the various wire runs (filter board to amp board, amp board to speaker out, etc...). The goal is to make numerous versions for a variety of applications you can print at home (or use a buddies 3D printer, maker space, or fab house). The inspiration is from aerospace industry wire posts used to control and separate wire runs.

Although the material is "PLA" (Polyacitic acid), it's thermal properties seem to sill hold up inside the class A amps. I have not seen any deformation due to heat, even when the post is very close to the hot heat sink (heat sink is 60°C and PLA softens around 100°C) so as long as the loads are low (aka, just holding wires in place), the post does not deform under the heat loads.

I printed a bunch of these to give away to interested parties. Reach out via PM if you're interested.
Wire Posts Compared.png

M3 Nut just slides into the slot before bolting on.
20240317_015747.jpg

20240317_020024.jpg

20240319_004304.jpg

Attachments

• 1710666781389.png
    1710666781389.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Wire_Post_100mm_Tall_Chassis_Bottom_Mnt.zip
    885.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240317_015511.jpg
    20240317_015511.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 68