Wire Post for Wire Mangement [3D Print]

NOTE: This is currently a first draft design shared for feedback and trial use. Once this has gone through a few iterations to optimize, I will update as a "final product" for those with access to 3D printing.

This post is a draft for a wire post designed to help with wire management inside larger class A style chassis. I created the wire post to help with wire separation and management in my F5m chassis, and plan to share a final product as I go through iterations to optimize the design. The current first draft attached here is 100mm tall with 3 different locations zip ties up to 5mm wide can be used to secure a wire run.

It is mounded to the bottom plate with a M3 bolt. It will thread securely into the PLA print as the pocket/hole is 19mm deep, however, there's also a slot if you want to add additional "rock solid" connection using an M3 nut (just slide the nut down the slot prior to bolting the post to the plate).

I've attached a picture that shows the draft design on the bottom perforated plate prior to zip tying wires in place. The whole point is to create a structural point to connect to that guides and separates the various wire runs (filter board to amp board, amp board to speaker out, etc...). The goal is to make numerous versions for a variety of applications you can print at home (or use a buddies 3D printer, maker space, or fab house). The inspiration is from aerospace wire posts used to control and separate wire runs.

Being PLA material, I do not know how it will hold up to the high heat environment inside a class A chassis, but I'll see how it works and I currently have confidence it will suffice just fine (I don't expect internal chassis air temperatures to exceed 100°C). If the temps are too high for PLA material, I will create my posts out of Nylon or ABS.

Here's some quick shots of what it looks like in CAD and in reality.

1710666781389.png

20240317_015511.jpg

20240317_015747.jpg

20240317_020024.jpg

Attachments

• Wire_Post_100mm_Tall_Chassis_Bottom_Mnt.zip
    885.8 KB · Views: 19