Who has the dirtiest office or lab?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OUCH!...

Have we been duped????????

Attachments

• cores.jpg
    cores.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 733

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Speaking of shaving and ladies from foreign lands, friends of my parents had an embarrassing episode in public (lots of stares and sniggers) with the foreign exchange student they took in from the Netherlands. They took her to a crowded beach not knowing:

A) That she would buy herself the smallest bikini on the market. Far from a problem in itself, but:
B) That this chick had never shaved any part of herself in her entire life and wasn't about too any time soon.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Okay, there's NO way I could possibly compete with some of you guys but I don't want this thread to die.

It's neither lab nor office, it's my living/study/listening room. I'm afraid it's not even that dirty, just messy.

Here's where I solder.

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 611
Well, life was going very well. Too well. You should always be suspicious when the sailing is smooth. In fact, you should probably pull the covers up over your head and just stay in bed. Monday night our basement flooded. My lab is now in total disarray, the walls are cut open to dry out, the carpet is diced up, bagged, and sitting in the driveway for pickup. Three industrial sized fans and two large dehumidifiers are drying things out. Fortunately, I didn't lose any significant equipment, only a few feet of databooks and catalogs, and some of my parts stash. The parts will mostly wash out.

Moral of story- 1) Even if the house has been bone dry for 23 years, have a sump pump at the ready. 2) Don't let water find a new way past the foundation. 3) Never store anything on the floor that isn't raised up or in plastic bins.

No doubt in a few months I'll have things functional again, but right now all projects are on hold. Yecch- I wouldn't wish this on anybody!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.