Where to buy TDA1543 D/A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
why not use a different part? There are some excellent DAC chips which should be more available than the one you mention, and probably sound a whole lot better... A quick look at the TDA1543 datasheet shows this part has really terrible specs. In any case, I'm sure you can find a DAC usable in this configuration which will give better performance. PCM63 comes to mind...

You can try http://www.rs-components.com .
They sell them cheaply, at least here in Austria.

good luck
Klaus

ps: Hey, this is a more than ten years old component, probably very outdated. It was used in cheap Players at that time and had a "destinctive" sound. Time to create a new variation for the Convertus (and the Minimo) with other components. I personally think that 47Labs - they still seem to use it - is a very "esoteric" company.
Did you already listen to the Convertus somewhere ?

RS-Components in Australia have the TDA1543 and a number of other dacs.
The whole point of the Convertus was to do away with the oversampling digital filter. If you go for a higher performance dac,like the PCM63, PCM1702/4 or AD1862, things get a bit more difficult. Stepping up to a more modern dac would be easier with a dual dac like one of the Analog Devices units, though for some unfathomable reason the TDA1541 has rather fanatical following.

ray.

Thanks for your replies,

Yes, I've looked at the Phillips website and it seems that the TDA 1543 is no longer being made. This being said, I was thinking of building sheldon stoke's DAC (http://www.quadesl.com/dac.shtml). The DAC uses the Crystal CS4329 DAC chip. It comes out to be around the same price as the Convertus DAC. Has anyone built this DAC and listened to it?

Hi,

If U like to buy TDA1541A, 1989 data~1991. This parts still made in Europe. Not the Date code from 1996~( some was remark). All the TDA1541A had Philips logo on the left side. Not the end product produce from Taiwan. If U had CD880. U will know the Europe made TDa1541A had less digital sound than taiwan made.
Pls email to me. I prepare to make a kit for Parallel TDA1541a non-oversampling lits with CS8412/8414. So I directly buy lot stock ( remain) from Philips. If U had interest. pls email to me.
The price was good. AD1865 N or N~K
Pls see my tda 1541a parallel kits PCB.
Can run with I2S.

thanks

thomas

www.diyaudiocraft.com

Attachments

• ·ó¤ù 232.jpg
    ·ó¤ù 232.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,025
Joined 2003
Paid Member
This PCB seems to me a pcb for a tda1541?? 2 in parallel ??

Further more: the man asks for where to buy, not to hear every ones opinions on dac chips....

www.reichelt.de is also selling these devices. Though high cost to sell outside Germany. Just check...

have you checked my 1543 dac design? many people are very happy with this easy to built dac. May be it helps you on a few ideas on your own project. And... there is nothing wrong with the tda1543, but you have to implemet it right !

www.dddac.de

Hi dddac,

U right, this is my design PCB which I use parallel TDA1541A X 2
chips.

I also reference several germany website & test them.
TDA1543 I also made to test already. But looks the TDA1541A parallel schematic was better.

this is all the website I reference.

http://users.podolsk.ru/boga/DAC.html

http://hjem.get2net.dk/torbenk/dualdactube.htm

http://www.ndh.net/home/kboehm/T-DAC-P2.htm

I only want to design a good PCB/DAC to more diyers to play.

Photos show was I compare the test one 8 X TDA1543 & TDA1541A X 2.

thanks

thomas

www.diyaudiocraft.com

Attachments

• ·ó¤ù 225.jpg
    ·ó¤ù 225.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 943
siu sin man tho said:
If U like to buy TDA1541A, 1989 data~1991. This parts still made in Europe. Not the Date code from 1996~( some was remark). All the TDA1541A had Philips logo on the left side. Not the end product produce from Taiwan. If U had CD880. U will know the Europe made TDa1541A had less digital sound than taiwan made.
Pls email to me.

How you know where the chips were made, most of them don't tell that.

I also have the feeling that old chips are better.

Everything was made of a better quality in old players.

Full metal swing arm transports, full aluminum CDP chassis, double layer PCBs, made in Belgium, later everything started to be cheap, cheap, cheap mass products.

Why not the DAC chips too ?

hi Berhard,

How you know where the chips were made, most of them don't tell that.

this is sales told me.
The last period of the production line was send to Taiwan.
The outlook was different. Hadn't any philips logo on the chips surface looks the QC was worst as the previous.

Pls see the different production period of TDA1541a.
The last production in taiwan show taiwan on the left side.

thanks

thomas

Attachments

• img_1632.jpg
    img_1632.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 655
siu sin man tho said:
The last period of the production line was send to Taiwan.
The outlook was different. Hadn't any philips logo on the chips surface looks the QC was worst as the previous.

Pls see the different production period of TDA1541a.
The last production in taiwan show taiwan on the left side.

On your pic the ols 1541 have no logo, same with mine.

The famous S2 was made in Taiwan ?

Hi Bernard,

At first the production line of TDA1541a was in Europe factory.
But on the middle of 199X. The production line was transfered to Taiwan. The outlook different U can see is the the europe type had philips logo & white line on the left side. The Taiwan product had Taiwan on the left side. But someone say that on 1996~1997 the Taiwan re-open the TDA1541A & produce S2 Crown supply to marantz. But nobody can prove for this message.

The OLD TDA1541A Had several grade, TDA1541A is standard, Then R1, N1, the different of old S2 & New S2 easy to see on the difference of the crown. The OLD 1541A Double Crown was select from S1. The line of the selection is 1541A>>>>select>>>S1( print one crown)>>> selectS1 grade>>>>S2(then print the second crown). Due to the two crown was print in different time, There will had a little different.

Hope can help U.

Bernard, the data PDF file show the path of selection already.
The data was from Philips semi-conductor hand Book.

thanks

thomas

www.diyaudiocraft.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.