Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

"Woman on the Run" -- a 1950 "B" noir film featuring Ann Sheridan -- the only print was rescued from the UA vault when the film went off copyright, and this copy was destroyed in the fire! A negative was found in Britain and rescued.

Me and mamselle recorded it in the Spring and have only seen it now. Recommend it highly if you like 1950's film noir.

Oh, cinematography from a guy who worked in the silent era!

Yet, given a nuanced character such as Joseph Laurence in The Handmaid’s Tale and even with the oppressive darkness that permeates almost the entire series, Bradley delivers a performance that I find compellingly haunted. You can feel the weight of the yoke of his regret in every scene - careful what you wish for, Commander.

I just watched "spider man: into the spiderverse". I'm by no means a comic buff, and I'm honestly kind of getting tired of super heroes, but I enjoyed it. I was kind of skeptical going in because of the cartoon format, but it turn great.

I know it's not a movie, but I have also been binge watching the show forged in fire

It’s a really cool show that centers around craftsman making swords and blades. These blades then get tested in various ways and there is a bit of a competition as to who made the best blade.

The show has inspired me to dabble in the art a bit myself. I enjoy making the tools that I use to make even more tools. There is something very satisfying about using the tools I have made myself.

The barrier to entry is pretty low too. For my forge I just stuck some refractory bricks into a hole in the ground, and then hooked up a hair dryer through a black pipe to provide airflow. I use an old cross pein hammer I found at a garage sale and a pair of wolfjaw tongs I made myself.

Anyways I recommend the show if it sounds at all interesting to you. If you are looking for something that's less about entertainment and more how-to, just look up any number of smiths on youtube. I recommend Christ Centered Iron Works

In this 2019, I think my favorite is still Keanu's 'Replica' (or was it 2018?). John Wick 3 is imo worse than JW1 or JW2.

I believe in big names, such as Brad Pitt (they will not accept playing in bad movies?), that's why I'm looking forward to 'Ad Astra'... (I always like Science fiction!) and may be his ex' 'Maleficent 2'.

Denzel Washington has always performed quite well. 'The Equalizer 2' was slightly above my expectation.

Samuel L Jackson didn't perform very well in 'Glass' and especially not in 'Shaft'. I don't know with the Marvell's.

Ben Affleck in 'The Accountant' (2016) is probably my favorite movie so far. In 'Triple Frontier' he ends dead and that's not cool :D

Nicolas Cage was once I thought a good actor but soon to be 'too much acting'. I didn't finish the 'A Score To Settle' and probably will refrain from watching his movie again.

Noomi Rapace was good in 'Close'. In 'Stockholm' is not too bad either.

For animation movies, I like 'Atila' (The ending is such that a sequel is anticipated). Most animations I don't like. Because for me a movie must be logical. In 'Collateral' (Tom Cruise), he beats in a gun fight many professionals hands down, only to lose against a rookie, why not lose against a baby instead? Things like that **** me off. Just like in most animation movies, anything is possible. Batman can beat Superman and who knows, Sheriff Woody (of the Toys Story) might be able to beat Batman.

BP1 - don’t get me wrong, I rather enjoyed both Guardians, I just found the relentless reliance on CGI often for no good reason than “see how much money they let us spend on this, guys? We must be a really good, so let’s get Ryan George to pitch you three or four more prequels/ sequels - you pick. I’m sure it’ll be super easy for him to come up with something that just barely connects to the imaginary worlds’ timelines and character arcs - barely an inconvenience at all”
All jesting aside, I am looking forward to what Cameron has up his sleeve for the next instalments in the Avatar series. I can’t remember the time he disappointed me - every pixel counts- and he’s not yet squeezed all the juice out of the fruit, unlike the latest several MCU spectacles. I enjoyed the animated Spiderverse far more than the two Avengers before the most recent, and haven’t even bothered yet with EndGame or Captain Marvel.