Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

Just watched The Wizard of Oz at the cinema. The 80th anniversary. I first saw it on the big screen at its 50th anniversary. Of course we grew up watching it on a black and white TV. :)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

1963 My family came back to the USA from Constantina Spain where my father had been assigned to the 872nd AC&W squadron for 4 years. When we left the USA, I had never seen color TV.

We were at my Aunt Milicent's (pop's sister) and they told me there was going to be a special movie that night.

I about freaked out when it changed from B&W to color in the land of OZ.

Great movie.

My wife and I each watched two on the plane back from Maui last week; Star is Born, Bradley sleep walked his way through (perhaps it took all his skill to steal Sam Elliot’s speaking voice?) but I totally believed the chemistry with Ms Gaga, and Andrew Dice Clay, of whom I’ve never been a fan was a big surprise as her dad.

The second was some totally forgettable dystopian fantasy, so maybe only the first one counts. My wife followed Star with a second go of Bohemian Rhapsody, which I’d have to agree with her was a far more rousing romp.

FWIW, I must say I scratched my head over this year’s Oscar choice for best film. I didn’t quite fall asleep, but I couldn’t find anything engaging about the main characters. Felt the same about Moonlight for that matter, but who really gives a rip?

For the unapologetic MCU fanpersons out there, anyone caught Captain Marvel?

I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Thought it was nothing special, a balance of good and bad elements.

The biggest surprise was the reboot of Nick Fury's backstory. In the MCU, he starts out as a plain jane FBI beat cop in the 70's. I was so surprised that for quite a while I assumed the plot was that he was undercover as FBI. My jaw dropped a bit when I saw that wasn't the case.

For me that raises the question- whence the Avatar sequels, James? With over 11 yrs between 1 and the currently scheduled release of 2 next December, will they be able to draw the same box office?

Personnally, i'm more concerned with the material than the total money shareholders and lenders will raise. :D

The first one had a good idea and directing, but was too mainstream for my tastes. give me at least a robot gone mad or something.... :)

Last edited:
I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Thought it was nothing special, a balance of good and bad elements.

The biggest surprise was the reboot of Nick Fury's backstory. In the MCU, he starts out as a plain jane FBI beat cop in the 70's. I was so surprised that for quite a while I assumed the plot was that he was undercover as FBI. My jaw dropped a bit when I saw that wasn't the case.

I thought DC's Wonder Woman was a lot better.