Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

As for me - Dunkirk.

I'm firmly on the side that it is quite moving and brilliant, by not even attempting to deliver the sheer scale of the Day and focussing instead on the anonymity/universality of the horror and fear and waste of War, esp in retreat, experienced in different aspects through the eyes of a few. The sheer economy of the scaling* adds to to the effect; to me, quite the best thing that Christopher Nolan has achieved ( I've seen most his others, but not thought them worth the plaudits TBH, except, perhaps, 'Memento'.)

* without wanting to add to spoilers - it is not by any means, say, a prequel to 'The Longest Day' in that regard - for example.

Last edited:
"Dunkirk", 2017 ...As expected, the tale in WW2 about the Dunkirk debacle...very disappointing performance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick............

Yes, the events leading up to the Dunkirk evacuation was a debacle.
Nobody disputes this.

The film though was not about this but was about the bravery of the civilians involved.

I found the film very moving and not at all disappointing.

Andy

So my wife just decided she's game to endure the likely over 3hrs running time including probable commercials & trailers - she's not seen a SW movie in at least 20yrs.

Personally, I think I preferred the fresh perspective that Rogue One brought to the canon, but then again have to admit to being a bit of a JJ Abrams fanboy, so Episode IX could be an interesting direction change - 3 different directors over a span of 4 films.

So, yah, “The Last Jedi” - without spoiling anything I hope - maybe a longer running time than essential, but more than a few interesting turns.
As it turns out, one of the original three episodes might have been the last one that Susan saw, so imagine her surprise when Vader, Solo and Obi-Wan weren’t there, and “is that the same Luke?” Yes dear, even in a long ago far away galaxy, time apparently passes at the same rate as here and now - just take a look in the mirror:eek: