what you you gents do with old projects?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I eventually pull the drivers and other parts and put the cabinets on the curb and they just disappear. Might be the little people. I buy a lot of speakers for $5 and $10 a pair that have rotted out woofs, pull the tweets and chokes and put those out and you know what? They are soon gone too. I always expect my wife to stop me and say these valuable objects are too good to put on the curb, but so far she has surprised me and said nothing.

i also buy speakers with rotted foam for 5-10 dollars at thrift stores. right now i have 3 pairs of early advents 1 pair ar 4x's some infinitys, jbls, epicures, klh's ect ect ect only prblem is i hate to get rid of any of them and i have two closetes full of speakers. i did give away a big pair of jvc speakers that were the first ones i ever replaced the foam on and after the cabinets fell apart on a pair of klh's i pulled the drivers and tossed the cabinets. my wife would love it if got rid of all the audio stuff but i keep tellin her that it was here first :D

mike

Old projects?
Easy.
I put the old stuff on my video system. It's not as good as my main stereo, but I'm not as picky about the sound of Harrison Ford's voice as I am about the sound of a saxophone.
Currently, I have my old subs handling explosions and such: 4 x KEF B139 per side under my old Rogers LS3/5As. The sub channel gets another 4 x KEF B139s (different cabinet design entirely) that I built for a friend of mine years ago. He got divorced, and the sub made its way back to me, kinda like those stories you hear about dogs travelling a thousand miles to get home. The surround speakers in back are recycled also--a pair of old ADS 300-Cs.
I keep threatening to hook the video stuff to the big system, but the size and weight involved tend to be daunting.

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.