WHAT the heck is this ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SY said:
it is unlikely to be from a guy who builds hifi gadgets.
Unless that is just his hobby, and his day job involves something like physics.

Misguided (and/or confused) people have always misused the latest words in science and technology to promote their products or peculiar ideas: radium, atomic, transistorised, quantum. Will we soon see audio systems with Higgs enhancements or bosonic cables?

Note to any journalists reading this: the word is boson, not bosun, and the 's' is conventionally somewhat hardened as it is named after a chap called Bose.

Pfft. I love this forum. It's the only place where you can present your ideas ie: DIY and people dump on you.

What's wrong with you people? I come here and am inspired by so much that people do even though it goes past my idea of right and wrong. The other day I saw some dipole open baffle line arrays and thought wow. They were hanging from rubber bands.

The duntech speaker factory has about 1000 egg cartons stuck to the warehouse walls. It sounds great!

In my local hifi shop there are Aussie made rca interconnects that are as thick as my wrist.

Look at mbl speakers! It's all crazy until it becomes the norm. Just think tesla.

Anyhow I am glad there are freaks in this world. Some of them write music I love.

Last edited:
null object said:
What's wrong with you people?
I'm not sure what you are objecting to. If you would prefer to be on a forum where people say crazy things and everyone else says "how insightful!" then I am sure the internet can satisfy you. There are even some audio sites a bit like that. Thankfully this is not one of them.

Tesla had some bright ideas and some crazy ideas. So what?

So to say this guys amp is nuts because you don't understand the concept or believe it is dumb. Someone is doing something different which is not considered normal or proper science end everyone saying his idea is crazy.

Maybe there is nothing here for me after all. I said something insightful and everyone now thinks I am crazy.

Here's one of the schematics. He seems to use transformer coils instead of some of the resistors in his circuit? few capacitors.

Attachments

• schema-blocchi-rid-ENG2.jpg
    schema-blocchi-rid-ENG2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 192
I never said he is nuts. Others, whose opinions I usually respect, have said that or something similar. They are probably right. There are a lot more nutters out there than sadly misunderstood geniuses. Complaints that we don't understand the new bright idea usually come from people who understand even less - they usually don't even understand the existing science, let alone potential new stuff.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Some information from the Royal Device web site. You will need to scroll down pretty far to see the image.

I'm not so quick to dismiss someone who has put in so much work and effort as Mr. Curti. He builds some beautiful things and the design reflects much thought and design effort. His speaker designs look to be something that I would enjoy giving a listen to and when you bring in some high caliber musicians (see his web site) to play on and listen to your equipment - well that shows me a lot of class.

As far as his amplifier design goes - I will take a look at his papers before I even begin to form any opinion( - and even then my opinion is worth very little to anyone else but me). But I do remember reading some discussions here before about magnetic amplifiers - i.e. "Mag Amps". I have seen, used, and worked on mag amps when I was in the USN so there are types of amplifiers around that we do not normally associate with audio - but that might be worth looking into and I'm wondering if Mr. Curti's designs might be some sort of magnetic amplifier.

Attachments

• Royal device web page screen shot.jpg
    Royal device web page screen shot.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 191
Disabled Account
Joined 2009
no one is dismissing a theory..... the point is one can only speak the language of science if he or she wants to be understood and believed.

the theoris of Mr. curti are either so groundbraking that the mathematical and pysical models do not exist (one would presume he is perfectly capable of mastering all that is scientifically related to his theories) or the content of his findings is simply ideas strung together with some very interesting comments like:

" what could the cern scientistis possibly understand of my theories when all they are interested in is the single particle"

intuition is the introduction to progress, not its core constituent.

So to say this guys amp is nuts because you don't understand the concept or believe it is dumb. Someone is doing something different which is not considered normal or proper science end everyone saying his idea is crazy.

I've spent a few minutes on RD site, and found sentences like these (almost verbatim):

• [the author] is the first in the world been able to demonstrate the existence of the UNIVERSAL SINGLE FIELD, using the invention of a complete PASSIVE ACCELERATOR OF ZERO MASS PARTICLES applied to a data transmission stream
  • [the author], for the first time in the world, introduces a sub-atomic particle accelerator for SPD-IF data trasmission. The end of reproduction of distortion of the recording section. A time machine that recovers the past errors
Judge for yourself - I'm afraid there are no real concepts to understand. Else this guy's work is well worth the next three or four Nobel Prizes (honestly, finding Higg's boson can't compete with accelerating a photon in a home made * passive * accelerator, or with an error-correction algorithm based on a time machine...), or he's only speaking about things he's not aware of.

Ciao,

L.

coluke said:
I've spent a few minutes on RD site
Thanks, you have saved us the trouble of visting it. If your quotes are typical, then it is as daft as any crank site. Even if not typical, he clearly is talking nonsense.

And a time machine - is that a room temperature time machine or merely near room temperature? With that we can design acausal filters!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.