What is the Universe expanding into..

Do you think there was anything before the big bang?

• I don't think there was anything before the Big Bang

Votes: 56 12.5%
  • I think something existed before the Big Bang

Votes: 200 44.7%
  • I don't think the big bang happened

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • I think the universe is part of a mutiverse

Votes: 201 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No culture is foolish enough to exist for centuries and not have good food. Its the integral part of our daily life. And to not acknowledge this fact is pure ignorance.

I find food interesting. You are what you eat. Straight out, let me say that a good Kashmiri Curry is my favourite scoff:

An interesting combination of Fruit, Dairy and Rice. Chickens are optional.

As we used to joke "Curry and Rice, Very Nice!"

Scoff? An amusing reference to great French Chef "Escoffieur".

I usually just look in the Larder to see what Cream and Fruit resources are available. Aw, Darn. Few Fruits available right now. Lots of milk products.

Oh wait. Have found a Ham and Pineapple Pizza! 20 minutes at 180C. How hard can it be? Happy Days.:D

On a more serious note, I am reading a Physics book about TIme, ATM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Reborn

See, Time is relative and depends on whether you live on the inside or the outside of it. I have a feeling I am on the inside. Maybe just me.

Google said wheat originate from Egypt Turkey Greece and tomatoes found origin from peru Ecuador. People of the rome just mixed then together and found it very nice. If someone in the Portsmouth do the same exact mixing of the edibles we have a problem. Culture is evolving and expanding. Dont limit youself. Atleast not in this highly scientific lounge.

You must be kidding 😀
I am afraid not, after encounters with English culture beef cooking.

Significant disclaimers encountered here. I currently think a Pizza cooked for 20 minutes in a 180C oven would be inedible!

Would burn to a Charcoal crisp. I don't know how I miscalculated this. I might currently readapt to 10 minutes at 180C.

I haven't cooked the Pizza yet. So we await with interest.

Google said wheat originate from Egypt Turkey Greece and tomatoes found origin from peru Ecuador. People of the rome just mixed then together and found it very nice. If someone in the Portsmouth do the same exact mixing of the edibles we have a problem. Culture is evolving and expanding. Dont limit youself. Atleast not in this highly scientific lounge.
Cuisine is not just mixing edibles.
This points to the issue, actually.
With this in mind you are straight headed to disaster.

not mixing. But the ingredients are not inherent to Italy. They recon in it from other cultures. bread also originate from Egypt. Pizza dough have similar processes like bread. People of the past were also human. They draw a line for coming generation how to live doesnot mean we have to live ditto like them. We always can add something new to line. like pineapple to the pizza😂

I am afraid not, after encounters with English culture beef cooking.

I don't know if "cooking" is the correct word. Some English beef is hardly cooked at all. For 'rare', read 'bloody'!

Not for me. Give me a haggis any day. Warm-reekin rich!

But make no mistake, it has got to be a wild Haggii Scoticus Vulgaris and not one of those insipid farmed varieties.

Robert Burns sums it up:

Is there that owre his French ragout
Or olio that wad staw a sow,
Or fricassee wad make her spew
Wi' perfect sconner,
Looks down wi' sneering, scornfu' view
On sic a dinner?

Here's the English Translation:

Is there that over his French Ragout
Or olio that would sicken a pig
Or fricassee would make her vomit
With perfect disgust
Looks down with a sneering scornful opinion
On such a dinner?

Attachments

• Wild Hagg with Hagglets.jpg
    Wild Hagg with Hagglets.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 39
Radioactive, the story of Marie Sklodowska-Curie and her Nobel Prize-winning work that changed the world, is on BBC2 at 9.30 tonight.

It's a film from 2019 that I haven't seen. Don't tell me it's rubbish, Steve, as I would prefer to think it has had 'glowing' reports! ;)

Attachments

• Radioactive.jpg
    Radioactive.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 32
Honestly, Hollwood does conunjure up some heap of nonsense to sell tickets:

BTW, I have seen that 14s French staircase before in another Movie. I am thinking Jason Bourne.

As a gifted Chemist and Physicist, I avoid Radioactivity like the Plague:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium

An amusing nonsense about Madame Curie. A Physicist I admire. But really, they are making it up.

Last edited:
Ye cannae beat a haggis supper!

It's a delicacy of the Scottish 'Chip Shop' - a haggis sausage, deep fried in batter and served with a portion of greasy chips. :lickface:

It's a meal for real men!

Attachments

• Haggis Supper.jpg
    Haggis Supper.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Chip Shop.jpg
    Chip Shop.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Real Men....jpg
    Real Men....jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 34
Status