What is the Universe expanding into..

Do you think there was anything before the big bang?

• I don't think there was anything before the Big Bang

Votes: 56 12.5%
  • I think something existed before the Big Bang

Votes: 200 44.7%
  • I don't think the big bang happened

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • I think the universe is part of a mutiverse

Votes: 201 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea being that the physical constants have been pre-ordained in order to permit life (as we recognise it) to exist?

I tend to think that life is just a happy accident!

Perhaps in some parallel universe, where the physical constants have different values, life also exists but in a form we would be unable to recognise.

Me worried about the Webb - not at all!

jwebb.jpg

Leaving the lenscap on would be a very elementary mistake for a photographer! :)

But I am worried. We should be getting temperatures by now. 3 days in.

https://webb.nasa.gov/content/webbLaunch/whereIsWebb.html

Temperatures​

Temperature control is a vital aspect of Webb's design, engineering and operations. Of the many temperature monitoring points on the observatory, this page displays 2 "hot side" and 2 "cold side" temperatures that are a good indication of overall temperature status and trends.

NOTE: temperature data will begin updating 1-2 days after launch. Displays will read "---" until that point.

That's cool! So things are hotting up? o_O :D

Simply for reference, I'll supply the following info' here:

The eventual temperatures at L2 will be 85 C on the hot side and -233 C on the cold side.

In operation, the telescope itself will have to be cooled even further to -225 C.

Routine 'science operations' won't commence till after 6 months from launch - another good reason for me to look forward to summer! 🌞

Attachments

• Mars orbiter selfie.jpg
    Mars orbiter selfie.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 49
By "chance" No, cause and effect.
Great picture though and the choice of artificial colors is hilarious. Thumbs up NASA.

Still can't answer the thread question, and to suggest what the WORLD is expanding into would be political and entail profanity, so I refrain. Going to enjoy as much music as I can while I can and boost my "boys and their toys" on some new un-needed hardware. Is that new PA-5 really that clean? New JDS Atom+ gets here tomorrow. Is it better than my Asgard, or really, you can't hear Schiit as it is good enough already?

I think the PA5 is probably very good, but I do not understand the price, would rather get a reasonably priced PA amp with built-in DSP for that kind of money.
No toys for me, and as of right now I'm wondering what my electric bill is expanding into...
Not sure I understand. It's a 40W amp for $350 that measures as clean as a Benchmark! It's not intended to dive your full range floor-standers. A PA amp with DSP, 1000 times the distortion? Sure. Wide market so we can all get our choice.

Lowered my shop thermostat. Woodworking is not a cheap hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.