What is the Universe expanding into..

Do you think there was anything before the big bang?

• I don't think there was anything before the Big Bang

Votes: 56 12.5%
  • I think something existed before the Big Bang

Votes: 200 44.7%
  • I don't think the big bang happened

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • I think the universe is part of a mutiverse

Votes: 201 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Elon Musk is from Pretoria, South Africa. Its high up there and the air is thin. Sometimes the thinking can get clouded. Reality mixes with fantasy and science fiction and Bob's your uncle the thing looks like its come straight out of a 1950's sci-fi comic. Just like the new SpaceX astronaut suits.

Back to the future . . . forward to the past . . .

This one is giving me more trouble than usual, and I am quite good on the internet business...

910251d1610299565-universe-expanding-science-fiction-rocket-jpg

Science Fiction Rocket Launch, Space Race, 50s, 60s, Russia, HD - YouTube

Clearly those 3 spacemen are going to die. Looks a rubbish rocket to me. Why the crowd wave them off so enthusiastically. ;)

I had a little disaster myself tonight. But nobody died. The British skies were just rubbish as usual. Couldn't see a thing. Excuse my French. :mad:

Attachments

• Une autre catastrophe pour les observations des etoiles....jpg
    Une autre catastrophe pour les observations des etoiles....jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 135
Those are fantastic photos of the Northern Lights in your BBC link, Steve!

I was particularly interested in the ones taken on the Moray coast. I have a strong connection with the area, as my mother was born in Elgin.

I recognise the location of the attached image - that beach side shelter in Nairn is unmistakeable.

Attachments

• Northern Lights Nairn Jan 2021.jpg
    Northern Lights Nairn Jan 2021.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 111
Thanks, Bonsai!

That 'flythrough' shows the mapping of 4,000,000 galaxies and quasars by the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS).

Quite a data base!

In the attached image, each dot is a galaxy; the colour represents the 'colour index' of that galaxy.

The blank areas are the regions of the universe which are obscured by our own Milky Way galaxy.

Attachments

• SDSS Map.jpg
    SDSS Map.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 95
Just my opinion, but I thought Bonsai wandered way off-topic with the Sloane Digital Sky Survey there:

The SDSS 3D Map of the Universe Flythrough - YouTube

Didn't understand a word of it. :confused:

The comments interested me more.

BigNewGames

I've determined there is no dark energy or dark matter. Einstein's field equation on gravity which led to general relativity needs to be tweaked. I then tweaked his equation in 2004 by adding in the action causing gravity to mass throughout the universe. I also removed the Lambda or cosmological constant, seeing how the universe's expansion is not constant everywhere. After adding in the action causing gravity I came to the conclusion that dark energy and dark matter no longer needed to fill in the gaps to his theory. I am able to accurately predict the motion of our sun. The fix explains the motion of galaxies. It explains why missing mass appears to be everywhere, even with gravitational lensing. It explains the motion of stars. The fix to his equation now allows general relativity to neatly merge with quantum mechanics.

I know what I did was extremely clever. See Einstein neglected to address the action causing gravity in his field equation. His equation perfectly described the motion of mass in the fabric of space and time but it didn't address the action causing gravity so many of the predictions about the motion of massive objects like stars and galaxies was way off.

The fix to his field equation on gravity took the theory of general relativity in a new direction and makes completely different predictions than before. His old theory claimed that nothing can escape the gravity of a black hole, not even light. Turns out that the fix to his equation predicts completely the opposite. Nothing can fall into or collide with a black hole, not even light! LIGO has some explaining to do.

The amount of radiation a black hole emits would cause a stiff cosmic wind of charged particles, so hot they'd be ionized. This is why instruments detect massive amounts of high energy photons coming from the black hole Sgr A* in the core of our galaxy. Black holes do not have event horizons. Black holes do not produce photon spheres. They do not produce frame dragging. They do not have accretion disks! The gas is not orbiting the black hole. The black hole produces the super strong magnetic field they detect in the core of the galaxy. Because of the law of thermodynamics it poses a conundrum. It appears that matter and energy can be created but cannot be destroyed, explaining the accelerated expansion of space. No more need for a Big Bang either because this explains that too. It wasn't a single big bang. It was a growth, a slow increase in matter, energy, space, time and consciousness! No big bang, no inflation needed! The universe now appears to be much much older than previously thought. Trillions of years old not billions.

Everything you were once told about black holes becomes pseudoscience. The energy and matter comes from the surface of the black hole! Nothing can get close enough because of the multi million mile per hour cosmic wind of particles moving away from the black hole in every direction. I predicted astrophysicists would discover the gas and dust to be moving away from the black hole, new energy and matter being added to the total volume of the universe. I predicted that the Event Horizon Telescope would not discover an event horizon around the black hole Sgr A* in the center of our galaxy, the namesake of the telescope's team. This is the reason why the EHT has not released a detailed image of the black hole! They cannot explain how general relativity got it wrong! They are scrambling to come up with a fix to his theory! Save the day so to speak. But they have no idea where to start. Yet, I figured it out in 2004. I was able to accurately predict the motion of the G-02 gas cloud back in 2010 before it got close to the black hole.

I'm pretty sure I'm right. Last year, October 2019 ALMA radio telescope released a Doppler image they made of the gas that surrounds the black hole Sgr A* in the core of our galaxy. I studied the image and sure enough the gas and dust was not orbiting the black hole. All the matter was moving directly away from it in both directions as if the matter was coming from the surface of the black hole, just as I predicted in 2004. I then wrote a comment to the science daily web site in facebook where they posted the article and told them the Doppler image showed general relativity to be wrong. The gas was moving away from the black hole instead of orbiting or falling into it. The image didn't even show an accretion disk! They must have agreed with me because the next day the Doppler image in the article was gone. It was empirical evidence showing general relativity to be wrong. It was exactly as I predicted they would discover in 2004. And they removed it!

That my friends is why I copied the Doppler image before I told them what they discovered. I knew they were going to erase the evidence. They have done it many times before. So, if you want to see the Doppler image, proof that my fix to his field equation is accurate, I'll post it here. I saved it in my Google images. Shared album - Ronald Kemp - Google Photos

Black holes are the creators of matter, energy, gravity, space and time in the universe. They are NOT destroyers! They are truly magnificent!

As a man who has signed the Official Secrets Act a couple of times, I have to be careful what I say, but this page pays re-observance:

Curiosity (rover) - Wikipedia

I have rarely been so horrified in what I saw. :eek:

Hypothetically, if a person falls into a black hole, would they have a sensation of falling forever as in like a bottomless pit? That is if they could live forever.
The person would be in freefall, and therefore would feel no gravity, and have no sensation of falling.

In fact, if it were a big enough black hole, a person could live out the rest of his/her life pretty normally - before dying at the singularity.

However, the above is but one reality. The laws of physics suggest that the instant a person entered the black hole, reality would split in two. In the second reality, the person would be instantly incinerated at the event horizon.

So, how can one person be in two realities at the same time? It's a conundrum known as the 'black hole information paradox' - and don't ask me to explain that to you! :eek:

Black Hole Information Paradox: An Introduction | Of Particular Significance

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Just my opinion, but I thought Bonsai wandered way off-topic with the Sloane Digital Sky Survey there:

The SDSS 3D Map of the Universe Flythrough - YouTube

Didn't understand a word of it. :confused:

As a man who has signed the Official Secrets Act a couple of times, I have to be careful what I say, but this page pays re-observance:

Curiosity (rover) - Wikipedia

I have rarely been so horrified in what I saw. :eek:
I just read this.

Now what you guys got to say, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaba!
I love it:)

great slide show btw

I just read this. Now what you guys got to say...
Look how efficient selective quoting can be, Pete! ;)

The comments are attributed to 'BigNewGames' and here he is on YouTube:

BigNewGames - YouTube

Mostly I post comments on gravity, dark matter and dark energy subjects. I am a retired professional architectural draftsman and now study these academic fields in my spare time as a hobby to keep my mind sharp.
If a draftsman can make such profound comments, then why not a drywaller? :razz:

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
“ Just my opinion, but I thought Bonsai wandered way off-topic with the Sloane Digital Sky Survey there:”

:D

OTOH I’ve had another look at Bode and find that by simply tweaking the formulas I can design amplifiers with infinite loop gain an zero phase shift. Turns out Bode missed a few tricks . . .”

@Galu - thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.