What is Monaural, Dual mono, stereo in fact?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We can assume a white LED is about 2.9v unless derated, when it will probably do 3.1v forward voltage drop.
Assuming that there's just one
Assuming that the voltage is 24vdc
Assuming that is a 20ma max led that we must derate to 8.6ma for long life.
Then, in that case, the series resistor is in the range of 2.5k~2.7k.
And in that case, using 1.2k means that the LED won't last very long.

P.S.
Although a bit high at 9+ma, if you put an additional 1.2k resistor in series, like 1.2k resistor, series to led, series to 1.2k resistor, it *may* run reasonably. If possible, add some more LED series to that to drop some more voltage and get it closer to spec. Measuring the real voltage would be an excellent head start and then see calculator: LED Calculator <--link

I read better now what you wrote earlier! Thanks, ok, got it. So, I will put an additional 1,2k resistor in and let it so, because of terms of aesthetics that come in the process. The amplifier might go on sale later so I can not fill it with too much stuff, so that it looks good too as it is worked on the inside. Thanks!

Until then can any of you tell me if KSS-212A is interchangeability with the KSS-210A? I have a Kenwood DP-4030 CD Player that has a KSS-210A inside.

Here's a couple places that sell those replacement optical pickups.
I have no idea if those numbers are the correct ones for your Kenwood, but I'm sure you can find the right part....MCM Electronics has a lot of replacement optical pickups for CD players as well..

CD Player Parts

MCM Electronics - Search Results for Kss-210a

kss-210a | eBay

I would like to put these days in play my CD Player from Kenwood, the DP-1100B but the laser is no longer on market or if it is it costs a fortune. It reads only one cd burned on pc the rest burned even at 4x are not recognized by the unit. It also does not read one original copy. What is to be done with this unit?

I would like to put these days in play my CD Player from Kenwood, the DP-1100B but the laser is no longer on market or if it is it costs a fortune. It reads only one cd burned on pc the rest burned even at 4x are not recognized by the unit. It also does not read one original copy. What is to be done with this unit?

Only you can decide that!?!?
Is it that valuable or really needed?
How many CD players do you have now?
CD Players like that are a dime a dozen...
Have you opened it up and cleaned the lens and re-greased the slides?
If the carriage mechanism/pickup is truly shot then I guess I would toss it!
Maybe buy a new Pioneer.

I am talking about the original CD's as well, this one kept place in my soul because it is sounding so analog it has two aprox. 20 cm/20cm boards one ever another one containing 2 Elna Big caps. I have opened the unit, cleaned the eye, cleaned it underneath, took the prism that was underneath the cartrige that contains the eye of the lens, this one comes of, and that is about it. I did not put any siliconic vaseline on the guiding rod, I will, later today. Btw. I made the music storage for favourite CD's on an iPod 4th gen with the help of a Dock, Remote and cable switching and playing my music through my amp every time I wanted it to play. I was wondering if a 20 Mhz Oscilloscope could see the parameters from the test pins to recalibrate the laser. Thank you!

I understand.....it has sentimental value....and you like the sound of it.....
I'm sure you can get by with a 20Mhz scope....most of those things you can adjust with a good meter though....most service manuals have voltage adjustment charts. The RF eye pattern is nice to look at with a scope.
Sounds like you should try to fix both of them like the Luxman and keep them all together....

Here are some pics from the inside!

Attachments

• P1060687.jpg
    P1060687.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 33
  • P1060689.jpg
    P1060689.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 30
  • P1060690.JPG
    P1060690.JPG
    843.5 KB · Views: 42
  • P1060692.jpg
    P1060692.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 29
  • P1060693.jpg
    P1060693.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 32
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.