WHAT IF its somewhat Smaller? or Larger? Sealed Woofer Box and Frequency Response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is a "house curve" the same as a room gain profile?

Hornresp can import room/cabin gain data to add to the simulated response.
Thank you for attending to my brash suggestion. I always admire your intent to do the best for the forum.

"House curve" is "desired curve" or the sound you'd like to achieve, as represented for simplicity sake by an FR curve. I couldn't say if it can be achieved within your respected sim the same as inputting "a room gain profile". But might be. And if so, you could encourage people to do it. I'm trying to remember how REW handles house curves - it's in there somewhere.

Anybody who gives it moment's thought, would immediately recognize (at least speculatively) that it ought to be nested Fletcher-Munson curves (or at least one of them bearing a resemblance to how loud you play music). Maybe so or maybe your house curve has more to do with your tinitus, presbycusis, or taste in music. But only those who lead unexamined lives would think it is flat.

Just yesterday I was reading a book about diseases and the last chapter included a sympathetic review of homeopathic nostrums. I said to myself, and was tempted to write in the margin, "any author who includes this crap in his text calls into doubt everything else in the book". I guess I'd say that about "cabin gain" which in practice exists only in the fevered hopes of car audio fans.

B.

Last edited:
"House curve" is "desired curve" or the sound you'd like to achieve, as represented for simplicity sake by an FR curve.

Anybody who gives it moment's thought, would immediately recognize (at least speculatively) that it ought to be nested Fletcher-Munson curves (or at least one of them bearing a resemblance to how loud you play music). Maybe so or maybe your house curve has more to do with your tinitus, presbycusis, or taste in music. But only those who lead unexamined lives would think it is flat.
Poor you, you even don't know how much you are wrong...
"House curve" is flat from 20 to 200 Hz, per Bruel&Kjaer and BBC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.