What do members of diyAudio use as music players?

I find Winamp to be easy to use.
I have in the past copied CDs onto HDD, then converted to 320 kbps MP3, my simple car FM module does not play FLAC files, no idea if it supports Opus.

Overall, a software based solution, running on an older PC as server, is feasible, and you can always try different software, some people find Audacity handy...I found it complex, that is my opinion.
No ties to any above names...

Whatever is left of it, you mean? :)
Haha, in sound quality terms, or artists and the lack of talent?
Moving 'Swift'-ly on, a well converted 320kBps MP3 sounds pretty good to me, cymbals are not quite as good as wav, but as most modern music is over compressed and clipped when they attempt to 'master' it, so i don't view MP3's as the worst problem :).

Problems for me are

1. Lack of talent, or anything worth singing about
2. Terrible mastering
3. Do I actually like the music
4. Frequency balance and dynamics
5 Other stuff like quality of the medium..

Maybe have another listen, some MP3s seem fine to me :) It could be my low standards of course - but I'll count that as a blessing :D

http://musify.club/release/anna-madsen-whisper-2017-931747

Reactions: 1 users
A well mastered MP3 can sound just fine, it's true. However, in my experience the CD will sound a little bit better, especially upper mids and treble.

Many songs I stream for free from MP3 format sound the best they ever have to me; however, the other sources I've heard the song were FM radio and vinyl from decades ago. Plus, almost all older streaming music has been remastered, for better or worse.