• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

What cable between PSU and Amp?

I am planning to build a headphone amp with outboard PSU, and are wondering what cable/connector to use.

Here is pic of Jolida amp, any idea where I can get the similar power cable?


  • cable.gif
    84.9 KB · Views: 253


2006-08-08 9:13 pm
DigiKey has an easy to use cable filter. Others do too. An option to multiconductor connectors are strain reliefs (like the Skintops currently featured on alliedelec.com's main page). Not as conveniently disconnectable (if that's a word), but then again accidental shock is impossible and it's way cheaper.