What are you Watching?

Hi Northstar,

Our taste looks quite similar :cheers: About 7 Samourai, I don't know if you are familiar with the other Japanese samourai movies? I really like Harakiri:
harakiri-original.jpg

This is a contemporary maker of Samourai / Arthouse movies. Very subtle, not about blood and swords, but about how Japan in these acient times functioned. Love and Honor is outstanding. Just as his Twilight Samourai.

I saw 'Harakiri' in a distant past. ...'Love and Honor' I don't recall.

Nice to see another Japanese's cinema art appreciator here, cheers!
Bob

Last night I watched this ::

79067_large.jpg

* It wasn't directed by a Master Japanese director, but by Robert Redford, an American, and the only actor in this flick, with his sailing boat and the vast ocean.

Have anyone of you ever been in a similar situation? ...I had.

:) Saw All is lost some days ago! Great movie. I am not a strictly "cinematheque" movie watcher. I enjoy Sharknado as much as Tarkovski :) or any other cinephile stuff. I watch a Dwayne Johnson flick and then some Truffaut or Mellville. Noir is what i really like. Another fascination would be "golden age" of Hollywood. Recently i am watching a lot of the "why we fight" stuff. Walk in the sun. etc. Mildred Pierce is one of my Noir favorites. Really interesting period in American cinema. A lot of the screenwiters for the "why we fight" series get in a lot of trouble's for beeing "card carrying" communist....

Last edited:
Did you watch all the Charlie Chaplin's flicks? :) ...Well, his main Classic ones; still a good bunch though (dozen or so),
and through them we can see our world quite clearly, a glimpse of a time period that extends from way before and up till today still.
...And not only in America.