What are you using for an inexpensive frequency counter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did a quick and dirty non warm up check with my HP3551A, measuring 1kHz output @ 0db. The Shibasoku 725D showed about -55dB on the distortion meter.

A spot check at 10KHz showed about -54 on the distortion meter.

Now I'm not sure if that even was a sine wave and I don't have time to do another check right now. No scope and no bench still. It is what it is. The bench is getting closer again to being finished.

If I use Duke's Linear Tech Accuracy Translator chart, and find -55dB, then go across to percent scale, it is about .18 percent (between .1% and .2%).

We aren't talking anything spectacular here, but it works as intended and my digital readouts on both displays show the same frequency.

I've attached it here also.

Cheers,

Attachments

• LINEAR-TECH_ACCURACY-TRANSULATOR.pdf
    455.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Sync,
Okay, so what I thought. A bit better than the FG series of function generators along with having more accurate and stable frequency and amplitude. The function generator will still give you triangle and square waveforms.

Yes, they were sine waves as triangle and square waves would run about 45% THD

Thanks for doing that Sync.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.