What are you drinking?

This morning it was a full glass (250ml) of Kefir.

Home made with a "seed" imported from Russia, It has been going for a year now and we propagate it like Sourdough bread yeast.

I love the sour taste! Kefir is becoming available in the UK in (so-called) health food shops, but they seem to think that British taste buds need strawberry flavouring and sugar! Disgusting!

After that my only coffee of the day: A large french bol of cappuccino made with the equivalent of 3 shots of espresso, ground seconds before from oily dark roast Guatemalan beans. And frothed milk.

I am still using my 10 year old Gaggia manual machine and rather enjoy the ritual preparation.. My SO hates it.

Like this one - I have bits of four parts donors in the garage! Same internals as the Classic.

As you say, excellent espresso and a sensual crema! - but grind must be near pulverised.

The UK market has moved on to pods (convenience!) so these go for £50 ish on ebay.

Attachments

• gaggia.jpg
    gaggia.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 66
I love the sour taste! Kefir is becoming available in the UK in (so-called) health food shops, but they seem to think that British taste buds need strawberry flavouring and sugar! Disgusting!

Several species of skimmed milk and yoghurt is sold in Sweden. There are special kinds that have added special bacteria that are supposed to have a positive effect. Those products are sold with the word HEALTHY in the name, but HEY! a product with 10% sugar - healthy!? No way!:nownow:

I love kefir myself, and I think it is obtainable in our shops - no "fruit" added however.