What are you drinking?

more and more tea and waaaay less beer. I guess growing past middle age does that to you.

I remain partial to British beer (grew up in Oxfordshire so many excellent choices but very hard to beat Northern beers, Tetley sourced in it's home city can be outstanding) and Canadian Mill Street Organic. Actually, the Japanese Kirin is pretty nice too. And those Belgium summer ales are excellent with carpacio at the local street cafe. Also the occasional Bavarian wheat beer, Erdinger coming to mind. And who could forget those microbreweries in Boston, they are always worth a try. Had an amazing unpasteurized (or whatever) beer in Budapest once, or was it Viena (memory is not what it should be), no it was Budapest (the Pesht part I think). And not to leave out the benefit of a cold Corona, yes with lime, and a good mexican lunch in Southern Cal. In St. Petersburg it has to be Vodka, with local food, especially fish if I remember correctly. Mind you, a good cup of Sake with sushi is hard to beat, there are some rare and local Sake brews in the region around Hitachi City that I can commend. Italy, the wine, what else, although there are fine beers - and don't forget the Limoncella in Amalfi - oh and I had something really noxious up in the Italian Alps, what was it called.....oh yes, Grappa from Cormeuyer. In China they have some rice wine stuff that is really potent, I mean really potent, you could run your car on it.

Last edited:
Laiphroaig, Failte

The Euskadi (Basque) always win the gin and tonic world title, most of the winners come from Santander. I don't recognise the classic G&T from your description.

A Russian friend who lives in Bilbao took us to his favourite bar where my wife had what she described as the best G&T of her life.

Neither of us now drink spirits of any kind, I prefer red and my wife prefers white wine. Neither the Spanish or French drink much white wine which is strange, since both countries make outstanding white wine. Red Rioja IMO is crap especially the reserva but a white Rioja is something else. Believe it or not but south of Sevilla some really wonderful subtle whites can be found. It's simply not true that good wine can't be made in hot climates, anyone who knows Sevilla will know how hot it gets there.

Onto Kirkland Signature House Decaf in a K-cup after 2 cups of Van Houtte Columbian Dark.

Last night was for Polish vodka martinis.

Attachments

• IMG_5368.jpg
    IMG_5368.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 125
People tell all kinds of horror stories about drinking tequila. But the last time I drank it (a very long time ago), I awoke, refreshed, to a beautiful sunny Sunday morning, in a quiet, upscale suburban neighborhood.

Sitting in my van.

With the motor running.

And the temperature gauge pegged.

And the gas gauge on 'E'.

Had to drive around for a few minutes just to figure out where the hell I was.

:hypno1: