What are you drinking?

I had a friend who drank milk all the time, he ended up with kidney stones!

Funny you should say that.
I passed a small one a couple of years back, felt very strange.
There was a little "dink" as the stone hit the toilet pan.

According to the doctors who treated my friend who had a serious case ... emergency trip to the hospital in the middle of the night, had to go into the machine to break 'em up, and the ones that he did pass after that looked like those WWII naval mines and were pretty big, relatively, considering the route they have to take ... there was one about the size of a BB. They gave him a little vial of 'em as some kind of keepsake.

Anyway, although calcium is definitely the culprit, the Doc said milk probably wasn't the cause. What was? He had a daily habit chewing Tums (calcium antacid tablets).

Last edited:
Just finished my growler of Tower10 IPA. Yum. This is one thing I love about living on the west coast. So many small/medium sized microbreweries. A few months ago we had beer week here in SD and the breweries would trade kegs with each other. So you could go to one brew pub and their specialty beer would be one from another local brewery it was a blast going out and trying different things.

Later tonight I am likely gonna sit down with a glass of bourbon (and an ice cube).

As for kidney stones, I drank around half a gallon of milk a day from the time I was 9 until about 3 years ago. The only reason I stopped is the sheer number of calories in milk (even skim has a lot when you are drinking 1/2 gal). My family would literally go through 6-10 gallons of milk a week. None of us have ever had a kidney stone, on top of that up until last year none of us "kids" had ever broken a bone (my sis broke her elbow when a dog she was walking tripped her up and she hit the curb). I blew out my knee (dislocated 2.75") and still didn't break any bones.

Last edited:
At the moment, Costco house blend -- will straighten your hair. Last evening, with the wind howling and a new layer of snow -- a wee bit of this:

Attachments

• marc.jpg
    marc.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 85
At the moment, Costco house blend -- will straighten your hair. Last evening, with the wind howling and a new layer of snow --

It's been snowing here as well, I hate it.
Costco's coffee is that strong? Up here in "Coffee Country", I must be the only person around that doesn't like Starbuck's Coffee. It always tastes like they burned the coffee beans...Yuk!

Best Results,
TerryO