What are you drinking?

My absolute favorite, lately.

Attachments

• gl.jpg
    gl.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 114
Having a touch of my own homemade eggnog. Mix of 2/3 bourbon (rebel yell) and 1/3 rum (whatever, but should be light/white). LOTS of alcohol with cream, powdered sugar and eggs. Maybe I need a little more alcohol just to take care of those possible wee beasties from the eggs...

Merry Christmas (happy hanukkah, kwanzaa or whatever your beliefs draw you to - for us it's mostly solstice...)!

Carl

PS - Just got a new phone for solstice/christmas and am migrating data from old one to the new one so don't have a camera handy

Haha! Carl, I made one full batch with bourbon (for me) and one batch with 50% light rum and 50% spiced rum, my wife's favorite, for everyone else. I tempered the egg yolks with the heated cream mixture and brought it to 162 degrees F in an attempt to kill any bugs. We can't afford a trip to the ER during this COVID shutdown. :)

Happy Solstice! Hopefully you were able to enjoy the Saturn and Jupiter conjunction. It was pretty awesome.

Last edited:
This afternoon, I was lucky to try a Travaglini "il Sogno" from 2009. Very interesting wine. Incredibly rich nose. The bottle is interestingly shaped, to gather the residue.

Tonight... a very pedestrian glüwein, saved by a generous addition of apple eau de vie.

Attachments

• Travaglini-Bottle-Shape.jpg
    Travaglini-Bottle-Shape.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 105