What are you drinking?

I never heard of it, but there are lots of small wineries in Canada.
They purchased a lot of modern equipment, perhaps the wines produced on this equipment have not yet gone on sale. It seems that they themselves stand their wine even in bottles, and then put up for sale. Judging by the information on the site, they are not small and their winemaker is from New Zealand. Lasi Realisations
Google Карты

At our winery Fanagoria works winemaker from Australia. On others, I know that there are Italian and French winemakers.

Last edited:
It is strange that they have already indicated the price of wine.

Well, it is a web store, so they kinda have to put the price on the bottles if they're going to sell anything.

IMHO the prices seem high, especially for the Pinot. I don't see anywhere that their wines have won any awards, for anything. Maybe I'm just out of touch.

Is the price obviously in Canadian dollars?

It would appear so, yes, although I can't confirm this.

jeff

Yes, neighbors have organic riesling twice as cheap, although this is possible without storage in a bottle. There are many wineries and restaurants in the area, it seems to be a resort place. Near the border with the USA.
Is this considered a good place in Canada or a bear corner?
Funny reviews: The grounds were amazing.. but the staff were a little stingy with the tasting.. we bought two bottles.. but then wanted a glass each to enjoy on their patio.. and had to pay $6/per person extra.. other wineries would have included the glass with the purchase.. I also personally feel the wine was over priced at 20-21 per bottle.. will not return again
Google Карты

Last edited:
Is this considered a good place in Canada or a bear corner?

Yes, it's a nice place to visit. The Okanagen is a beautiful area of BC.

Funny reviews: The grounds were amazing.. but the staff were a little stingy with the tasting.. we bought two bottles.. but then wanted a glass each to enjoy on their patio.. and had to pay $6/per person extra.. other wineries would have included the glass with the purchase.. I also personally feel the wine was over priced at 20-21 per bottle.. will not return again

That's only one review, but more like that isn't going to help them.

jeff

In Russia, you can go to some restaurants with their own wine. But you have to pay about 4 dollars. But it is still very profitable. Sometimes restaurants don’t take even these 4 dollars if you order their food, and the restaurant itself is half empty. And the choice of wines in restaurants is very meager, usually the wines there are very expensive and not at all what I would like.
In these Canadian winery restaurants, you can obviously only drink their wines, but it seems that they are very good and the selection is quite interesting.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a nice place to visit. The Okanagen is a beautiful area of BC.

jeff

One could immerse for two weeks touring from Osooyos all the way north to Vernon and still not see all the variety of VQA vineyards, tasting rooms and BNBs of note.
Then there’s our own Island’s newly recognized Cowichan Valley SGI - sub-geographically indication as a distinct wine producing region, and a couple close enough for a day trip from Gordon Head. But yeah, the Okanagen is pretty pretty special.

Note: edited to emphasize that slow is by far the best speed at which to take in any part of this province.

Last edited:
In celebration of world rum day 2020

Attachments

• 107497037_10157425801967913_7014809663777050812_o.jpg
    107497037_10157425801967913_7014809663777050812_o.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 84
Joined 2019
Paid Member
A family member loves blackberries... so... we made up a cocktail.

- About 5 or 6 muddled blackberries (none of us mind the seeds, but you can strain them if you want).

- About 1/4 to 1/2 fl oz of blackberry cider (non alcoholic). The kind we got was VERY sweet.

- 3 oz good ginger ale (we like spicy)

- 1 1/2 oz vodka.

Put everything but the ginger ale in a shaker with some ice. Shake vigorously until cold.

Pour/filter over ice.

Add ginger ale. Stir. Enjoy