What are you drinking?

Drinking on the job... again

I've told my wife repeatedly over the past 2 weeks that I plan to drink the good stuff during lockdown.

I just opened my 1985 Warres vintage porto. I haven't tasted this since I sold it back in 1988. I knew it would be good. I just didn't know how good. WOW! Nice thing is, 750ml should last 5 or 6 days with nitrogen. :D

Cul-de-sac Union Meeting

Weather was good, everyone at home on lockdown. Someone told someone who told the other guy, who happened to mention, to the Old widower down the street that there is a Cul-de-sac union meeting @ 18:00

Red Neck Margarita's were had by all..

12oz "Frozen" lime concentrate
2 Beers "I like Modelo Especial"
2 7up "not as sweet as Sprite"
12 oz Tequila

If you have a 6 oz can of frozen lime concentrate use 1 of everything and 6 oz of tequila

We all placed our chairs in the street "facing" inward around the cul-de-sac, maintaining strict "Social Distancing".

Did not get a darn thing accomplished. Drank a lot though.:D:D

I've told my wife repeatedly over the past 2 weeks that I plan to drink the good stuff during lockdown.

I just opened my 1985 Warres vintage porto. I haven't tasted this since I sold it back in 1988. I knew it would be good. I just didn't know how good. WOW! Nice thing is, 750ml should last 5 or 6 days with nitrogen. :D

Ah, another vintage port lover! I had some bottles of 1977 Warres, which were marvelous, but drank the last a few years ago now. Still have some great bottles on hand from about 1985 or so, and my kids were born in 2003 and 2006 so we got a bit as birth wines for them. (Not much available in 2006 - just a Quinta do Vesuvio.) Sadly haven't had a chance to open much port as I don't have nitrogen on hand and I'm the only fan I know these days.

I better get drinking...