What are you drinking?

We drink black tea with lemon, green tea without sugar, black coffee, baked milk, kefir. And yesterday, with friends, listening to music and drinking a fine Russian wine made by French winemakers in the Crimea and Krasnodar, both regions are the Black Sea region. Even expensive Wine sometimes sell very cheaply per day discounts in large chains. For example $ 1.88 for 0.75 liters. You will probably be very surprised but few people drink vodka. https://i6.otzovik.com/2018/05/14/6467365/img/29901293.jpeg
https://i6.otzovik.com/2018/04/12/6335465/img/77266161.jpeg

Last edited:
They are fine whiskey makers now apparently? Being Irish I should drink Whisky or Scotch but I'm afraid my terrible sweet tooth can't go past bourbon n cola.
I think that now the Japanese and even then with a funny label they made a good whiskey. But we did not see it on sale. On the shelves of a lot of Scotch and Irish whiskey, American Bourbon and Jack Daniels. On the shelves of many different cognacs, including Russian. I think that strong drinks are easier to make than a finer wine.

One version ... two actually over here in Sweden is to use cream. However when we say cream we mean CREAM with is/was 40% but many versions of whipped cream is 38 or 36% and even as low as 30%, but that is f****g close milk, so say it in French.

So one version of creamed chocolate (or you say cocoa?) is to mix sugar, cocoa powder with cread and then add hot water.
A better (2nd) version is to use hot milk.
Or you make your ordinary chocoa and top it with whipped cream.

The best version is called Lumumba here in Sweden or Tote Ante in Germany. You simply add rum or something else to boost it a bit:
Dead Ants ooops!

Australia and New Zealand should have their own great wine. I did not have time to try. Production in Chile and South Africa was not very impressive, it seemed that it was very dependent on the winery. I liked the Moroccan GRAY WINE (although in fact its color is pale pink). The wine is very good, apparently due to the strong influence of France on this country.

Last edited:
It's funny to read how adults in the West drink cocoa. We give cocoa only to preschoolers. Also, preschoolers do not allow to consume tea and coffee. In addition to cocoa, they drink compote and juice.

Various beers from my local brewery in Lewes UK founded 1790 :drink:
I love English beer a lot more than German. I always think, maybe I do not understand beer?;)

Last edited:
Interesting. But in Russia, as in Sweden, skimmed milk and kefir (a fermented milk product such as yogurt) are not appreciated. Rather, they were fashionable, but very quickly the fashion has passed although of course they are also sold. And doctors say that fat-free kefir is not at all useful, as with 2.5% of fat.

I wonder why they would say that as it's still chock full of probiotics like most things fermented.
They say so, not because of the number of probiotics. But because in the fat-free product the balance between proteins, carbohydrates and fats is broken, therefore the fat-free kefir is poorly absorbed by the body. I don’t want to talk about yogurt at all, there are more chemicals, preservatives, flavors and other additives. Russian kefir in the store is stored only 5 days, but I only buy made on the same day.