What about a dipole?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have had my pair of XXX18s for quite a while now, they are in really big EBS alignments. Pretty ridiculous output really....

But, I have been bored recently with them and thought about maybe building a set of dipoles, I won't ditch the EBS cabinets, just tuck them away for a while.

They have a fairly high Qts, amost .6, IIRC. Mine are mass loaded and have an FS around 25Hz.... They have lots of stroke, more than a few inches....

How big of a baffle do you think would be needed for each one? Would 4'x8' be sufficient? I could easily do that....

Any Dipole experts out there??

I kind of figured as much.

My interest was kind of sparked when a few weeks ago my wife and I were looking at paint at a hardware store. I noticed they had these large, maybe 1.5 x 2.5 Meter sheets of about 1.5" thick particle board that was veneered on one side, I kind of figured I could buy a pair, cut a hole in each one and add some feet.... They were only about 40 Euro each...... I just don't know what to expect with this kind of set up. Also, they would have to be about 2' from the front wall of my listening room....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.