What about a dipole?

I have had my pair of XXX18s for quite a while now, they are in really big EBS alignments. Pretty ridiculous output really....

But, I have been bored recently with them and thought about maybe building a set of dipoles, I won't ditch the EBS cabinets, just tuck them away for a while.

They have a fairly high Qts, amost .6, IIRC. Mine are mass loaded and have an FS around 25Hz.... They have lots of stroke, more than a few inches....

How big of a baffle do you think would be needed for each one? Would 4'x8' be sufficient? I could easily do that....

Any Dipole experts out there??

I kind of figured as much.

My interest was kind of sparked when a few weeks ago my wife and I were looking at paint at a hardware store. I noticed they had these large, maybe 1.5 x 2.5 Meter sheets of about 1.5" thick particle board that was veneered on one side, I kind of figured I could buy a pair, cut a hole in each one and add some feet.... They were only about 40 Euro each...... I just don't know what to expect with this kind of set up. Also, they would have to be about 2' from the front wall of my listening room....