Western Electric 15A Small SATO horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bravo! I see you got your adapter. :up:

Thanks, that adapter belongs to the guy who make the horn, but he will lend me that adapter to copy, still undecided what material to use, aluminum, stainless steel or bronze. The horn throat are 2" so i can use JBL large format directly.. planning to buy and use it with JBL 2482 or 2441 later. But i will try it first with Altec 808 8b.

"The reason now I'm crazy about this Sato is i heard it personally from my friends system.. using jbl 2420 (1" diaphragm) and it came to my mind that if the JBL can sound like that effortlessly why not in Altec 1" format.."

A little work on the mounting holes on a JBL 2420 diaphragm, and they will fit an Altec 802 magnet structure (designed by the same man).

Update

IMG_9620.JPG

Thanks Carolus, GM & Pano..
I’m so excited to hear this horn, but unfortunately I’m still at work (overseas) and i need to ship this horn to my home and I will be home by 2nd week of November..

A friend also preparing the coil for the two way 300 hz crossover (JBL 2482 (16 ohms) and Altec 416 8B (8 ohms)

IMG_9548.JPG

IMG_9718.JPG

IMG_9717.JPG

... I’m so excited to hear this horn ...
....preparing the coil for the two way 300 hz crossover (JBL 2482 (16 ohms) and Altec 416 8B (8 ohms)

It's promising ...

Some perso considerations:
* If good tuning ..... the Sato horn (& 2482) is inaudible .
A perfect acoustical tuning is a must (in symbiose with the low 416) ....
* It's opportune to provide a "Sato/WE66A cradle (on wheels)" for easy acoustical fine tuning. See; GM post nr 94, time alignment, polar energy distribution, depth/rotation, etc ....
* X-over, provide a good "constant impedance attenuator" for 2482 & 416
* Selfs X-over, if in home made, best is provide multiple outputs around your set value 12mH & 6mH (easy tuning !) ...
* probably you shall need a ... (good powerful) 3° way tweeter ....
* By (X-over) tuning, start with Fr response measurements "on" the (drivers-) connections ......

It's perso, tuning a passif concept "X-over / horn system" .... is a never ending musical story .

It's music .... I like it.

Karel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.