• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

wanted: TDA1541A S1 or S2 Crown

@JP,

Is a Subbu DAC a direct replacement for the TDA1541A?

Also, let's not pick on the French, ie. Renault, without acknowledging
BMWs major design screw up with their High Power engines of the 6s
and 7s. They kept the main engine crankshaft bearing clearance so tight
that they fail by the engine ceasing! Oh my and for such a high euro vehicle.

We all have our moments.

But you do have a point, some have more.

Touche'

Last edited:
Of course ! The true one... NSX NOS !

Airton Senna helped develop this car - Honda NSX
Check out this video! The closed captions are decent, however I would correct some quotes. Senna said after driving a development model in Suzuka: "Sorry for nitpicking but the car is flexing too much, it is too weak". After which Honda engineers asked for his help and they spent 5 days in Nürburgring working on the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izX5BEvz1wk

On the subject of dac chip oldies but goldies here are mine. Bought from ebay 10 years ago or so. They look new. I have no tda1541a dac so I never tested them!

Attachments

• IMG_20170603_234315710.jpg
    IMG_20170603_234315710.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 233
The reason that we're still stuck Sl1 is that no one has yet to figure
out what's the secret inside this dac that makes it sound so good

There is no secret. In the 80's they wanted people to switch from vinyl to CD so they made dac as it should be - multibit, which preserves phase linearitay of the bits in a sample and also makes more accurate conversion of all the bits in a sample (voltage division) than a 1-bit converter.
When CD format got accepted, management turned to its primary calling - to minimize cost and maximize profit - and fuc*ed it up. Then we got 30 years of fancy named technologies trying to make gold out of rocks - meaning trying to make 1-bit and hybrid dacs sound as good as a simple multibit.
Now finally multibit dacs emerged again, but they made them complicated to diy, because they need a controller chip to run.
And here we are - still loving the TDA1541A. :)

Last edited:
Great explanation Sl1 but to me they know something that the new
generation of designers don't. Heard some discrete R2R dac's but SQ
still not equal or better which it should given to advancement in
technology. Just like wine the more mature the better the texture. Lol

Cheers

Airton Senna helped develop this car - Honda NSX
Check out this video! The closed captions are decent, however I would correct some quotes. Senna said after driving a development model in Suzuka: "Sorry for nitpicking but the car is flexing too much, it is too weak". After which Honda engineers asked for his help and they spent 5 days in Nürburgring working on the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izX5BEvz1wk

On the subject of dac chip oldies but goldies here are mine. Bought from ebay 10 years ago or so. They look new. I have no tda1541a dac so I never tested them!

thanks for the link, cool video, this car is awesome in black :) !

You should try to find an AYA II (2014 or the next DS edition second hand, populated or bare)... I know some have spares...

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Very impressive engineering. Still a dust particle or moist can influence results with over 400 very tiny naked resistors. There is a reason IC's are molded in a plastic hermetically sealing them from the environment. With this level of engineering next step is a custom IC. Could be the ultimate R2R DAC chip.

Clever marketing too !

Last edited: