• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

W:MAB8420 decoder for Philips cdp HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From old Philips 300/303 or Marantz 73 CD player I need decoder processor MAB 8420. Posibble versions include C006 and D011. Possibly other versions work as well. Mine got fried due to PSU failure. :(

For cash money or trade with other rare/obsolete Philips parts. How about a pair of TDA1540D DAC's?

Milan,

The MAB8420 is a programable microprocessor, which means the chip can be programed for just about anything. I don't know what function p031 have, so I really can't say. Unless someone can provide some fact about the diferent numbers, I have to pass your offer at this time. I have found no usefull info online and the repair manuals doesn't state the program number, just "MAB8420"

I greatly appreciate your help. Btw. I'm going to visit Croatia this summer. For what I have heard, it's very beautifull.

Thanks again.

mab 8420 c006

I have the same problem with Mab8420c006.Becouse of my mistake i damege this ram+rom memory.I search for the meaning of c006 and found that this is diferent versions of software write by philips.i try with mab8420pc012 but it is not working.I read in a russion forum that p031 is analog but i cannot find it to change.Do you find any chip that is working with philips cd-300?Can you help me with my problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.