VSSA Through-Hole Version by Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Current Status

OK, folks

Those listed here have made requests for boards following QC. I expect to have a module 'proven' very soon. I'd like to get my act together to make this process as efficient as possible. So, in preparation could you verify my list and confirm your interest via a PM please. When confirming with me kindly include your name, shipping address and preferred shipping service level (by default I will just send via regular post to keep costs down - anyone who is willing to pay for a faster level of service I can arrange it) so I can get quotes from the post office for shipping since this will vary with the destination. I will verify total costs and payment arrangements when I have the required information.

As stated in prior communication, $10 CAD for each board ($20 CAD per stereo set), shipping extra. I will include devices for the IPS, CCS and VAS. If there is any reason CAD is not possible I will also accept USD as an alternative. No passive components will be provided and you must source your own output devices. For those who don't have a good source already you can try Tayda Electronics, I have ordered through them and found the price very reasonable but expect to wait a while when using the cheaper shipping option. My preferred method of payment will be via PayPal and I will provide the address privately during the comfirmation / quoting process.

I have as follows, in order of request:

still4given - 2 - I have your information already :)
ivanlukic - 2
quan - 1
triplej - 2
baswamin - 2
potepuh - 2
spind - 2
brianco - 2
Sheldon - 2

Thanks folks for expressing an interest in this little project. Should there be continued demand in the future, and when it is fully proven, I will consider re-ordering and arranging a proper group buy. For now this finds a home for the surplus I have on hand. Thanks again.

Jason

How much per board?, I assume each board would come with all assoc. Components. Thks

I was asking $10 CAD per board, with IPS and VAS devices included, shipping extra. Unless someone backs out my surplus is now spoken for.

That said, a re-order and possibly a real 'kit' may be possible in the future. We will see how these work out, the first one is almost complete and then I can test it to ensure there are no issues.

I will provide some documentation shortly. I will try to provide a detailed build document in PDF that everyone can use hopefully before anyones packages arrive. I need to clean up the schematic diagram and ensure the designators match between the PCB silk screen and the schematic. The silk has the values on it, so in theory if no troubleshooting is required one should be able to build it just by following the board. I will also put together a BOM as well.

It is the basic VSSA using 2Q CCSs and a non-thermally coupled VBE multiplier for bias in place of a diode string.

OK, just went through calibration and hooked up one board. Sounds just like it should, I'm pleased. I'm also very happy with deciding to use the VBE multiplier, I'm no longer at the mercy of component tolerances in determining how much bias I have.

I didn't have any 500Ω trimmers so I used a 2kΩ just for testing. This made setting up the VAS bias and output offset a little touchy but not unmanageable. The calibration process will be easier with the specified 500Ω trimmer. Setting quiescent current is easy and the adjustment is nice and progressive, just insert an ammeter and turn it up until you are happy.

I'm feel confident there are no errors since I simply built it as outlined on the silk screen. Anyone should be able to put this together without any real issues. Now to put another together so I can compare with the TO-3 PeeCeeBee.

Hey wait a minute. Shouldn't you hit the post office before you spend time building another board? :whip::angel::D

Haha! You are right! Sorry, I got all giddy and forgot where my priorities are...

Actually I will have yours out tomorrow, likely on my way home from work. Those lazy posties aren't open yet when I pass by in the morning on the way to work.

I will try to get some documentation going over the weekend so it is available before anyone get their packages.

Quick Update

OK, folks

Those listed here have made requests for boards following QC. I expect to have a module 'proven' very soon. I'd like to get my act together to make this process as efficient as possible. So, in preparation could you verify my list and confirm your interest via a PM please. When confirming with me kindly include your name, shipping address and preferred shipping service level (by default I will just send via regular post to keep costs down - anyone who is willing to pay for a faster level of service I can arrange it) so I can get quotes from the post office for shipping since this will vary with the destination. I will verify total costs and payment arrangements when I have the required information.

As stated in prior communication, $10 CAD for each board ($20 CAD per stereo set), shipping extra. I will include devices for the IPS, CCS and VAS. If there is any reason CAD is not possible I will also accept USD as an alternative. No passive components will be provided and you must source your own output devices. For those who don't have a good source already you can try Tayda Electronics, I have ordered through them and found the price very reasonable but expect to wait a while when using the cheaper shipping option. My preferred method of payment will be via PayPal and I will provide the address privately during the comfirmation / quoting process.

I have as follows, in order of request:

still4given - 2 - I have your information already :)
ivanlukic - 2
quan - 1
triplej - 2
baswamin - 2
potepuh - 2
spind - 2
brianco - 2
Sheldon - 2

Thanks folks for expressing an interest in this little project. Should there be continued demand in the future, and when it is fully proven, I will consider re-ordering and arranging a proper group buy. For now this finds a home for the surplus I have on hand. Thanks again.

Jason

OK, as already mentioned I have tested the build and it is fully functional. I will get postage information to those who have confirmed with me already as soon as I reasonably can. So to update:

still4given - 2 - I have your information already :), paid and expect to ship tomorrow
ivanlukic - 2
quan - 2 - Updated quantity and address provided, will confirm shipping cost
triplej - 2
baswamin - 2
potepuh - 2
spind - 2 - Address provided, will confirm shipping cost
brianco - 2
Sheldon - 2 - Address provided, will confirm shipping cost

OK, as already mentioned I have tested the build and it is fully functional. I will get postage information to those who have confirmed with me already as soon as I reasonably can. So to update:

still4given - 2 - I have your information already :), paid and expect to ship tomorrow
ivanlukic - 2
triplej - 2
baswamin - 2
potepuh - 2
brianco - 2

Further update, I have received a couple more addresses. I will have these quoted when sending off still4given's package and get back to you folks as soon as I'm able. Attached is a picture of the completed unit.

still4given - 2 - I have your information already :), paid and expect to ship later today
ivanlukic - 2
triplej - 2
baswamin - 2 -Address provided, will confirm shipping cost
potepuh - 2
brianco - 2 -Address provided, will confirm shipping cost

Attachments

• IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    901.1 KB · Views: 890
Current Status

Current status is:

still4given - 2 - Shipped
ivanlukic - 2
quan - 2 - PM sent with total cost and PayPal information
triplej - 2
baswamin - 2 -PM sent with total cost and PayPal information
potepuh - 2
spind - 2 - PM sent with total cost and PayPal information
brianco - 2 -PM sent with total cost and PayPal information
Sheldon - 2 - PM sent with total cost and PayPal information

Thanks.

Update:

still4given - 2 - Shipped
ivanlukic - 2
quan - 2 - Shipped
triplej - 2
baswamin - 2 -PM sent with total cost and PayPal information
potepuh - 2
spind - 2 - PM sent with total cost and PayPal information
brianco - 2 -PM sent with total cost and PayPal information
Sheldon - 2 - Shipped

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.