VituixCAD

^Not directly with existing code because charts are drawn to bitmap canvas and export is just saving bitmap to file. Supported formats are: Bmp, Emf, Exif, Gif, Icon, Jpeg, Png, Tiff, Wmf. Decent conversion tools might exist but source should be at least uncompressed.
You can export with bigger size if that's the problem?

Bitmaps are fine for photos and similar graphics that are inherently pixel based. Using bitmapped graphics for technical charts (lines, areas, text) just seems wrong to me. Vector graphics files would be much smaller, could be printed at any resolution, and could be edited easily in a graphics editor. But if the code is set up in a different way, then that's what it is. I guess I could always export the data and plot them using other software.

Vector graphics should also be rendered to bitmap to be visible on display (which is not a vector plotter). Only difference is where rendering engine locates in this chain. Line and curve drawing commands in typical .NET application look like vector commands so basically some custom interface could convert drawing commands to xml of svg.

But honestly, converting to vector graphics by exporting and so on is total waste on time compared to png with suitable size for publication. I really don't get any kind of non-productive tinkering when source is already packed and high quality.

converting to vector graphics by exporting and so on is total waste on time compared to png with suitable size for publication. I really don't get any kind of non-productive tinkering when source is already packed and high quality.

That really depends on your needs, and my needs may be very different to yours. What if I wanted to change the line styles for black-and-white printing? Or remove a particular line altogether? Change/remove the grid lines? Or change the font? Things like this are simply not feasible with bitmaps.

It is impossible (and unnecessary) to make everyone happy with all the details in Vituix. I can always export the data and do the plots using some other software.

Rev. 2.0.15.0 (2019-04-24)

* Added active Digital Biquad to component menu (BiQ button). Parameters are b0, b1, b2, a1, a2. a0=1. Response is calculated with sample rate of project, set in Options window.
* Added Paste Biquad coeffs command to context menu of crossover schematic. Parameters of the first biquad (biquad1) are pasted from clipboard text to top selected biquad block. Supported text format is compatible with Copy Biquad coeffs command and miniDSP manual mode.

Three new library blocks added; notch with digital biquad, OPA LP + notch and OPA HP + notch.

...change the line styles for black-and-white printing? Or remove a particular line altogether? Change/remove the grid lines? Or change the font?
Vector graphics export as .svg xml would be very nice. I'm not arguing against that. Disappointment is that it needs separate functions and extra programming work. I can investigate possibilities to grab and convert graphics commands to xml.

I'm back with another question.

When doing simulation and changing the source voltage, the power is allowed to move freely and so does cone excursion. Doing 20,30,40V tests with 2 x 4-ohm drivers in series (8 ohm load on the amp), the drivers reach Xmax and Max mech excursion long before I reach these higher source voltage ranges.

Is there a way to limit power or maximum Amp which is available, in order to find the threshold of what the amp should be able to deliver ??????

Feature Request: Save the selections made on the Options page within the project. Or add option to save and load those settings seperately. Just reopened an old project and couldn't remember which DSP setting I chose to design the crossover. Can't seem to find anything matching... have some settings been dropped or changed?

Further, it would be nice to be able to configure passive radiators by just entering primary parameters: Rms, Cms, Mms and Sd. Advantage is that they don't interfere with each other like Vas, Sd and Fs do, which I find kind of annoying.

Another thing that's been bothering me is that the "mirror missing angles" mixes up horizontal and vertical measurements, if you use e.g. 10° increment on vertical and 15° on horizontal measurements. I don't think this beheavior is usefull in any scenario.

Thanks for the effort! I really love this piece of software!

Just reopened an old project and couldn't remember which DSP setting I chose to design the crossover. Can't seem to find anything matching... have some settings been dropped or changed?

DSP selection system was changed in rev 2.0.5.2 (2018-10-09): three checkboxes were replaced with single list box to make our life easier. See changelog comments of 2.0.5.3 (2018-10-12) if dsp is EquAPO. Let me know if some available dsp gear is missing.

Saving of project saves also DSP selection to project file (vxp).

it would be nice to be able to configure passive radiators by just entering primary parameters.

This is nice theory, but parameters which manufacturers usually inform are the easiest.

Another thing that's been bothering me is that the "mirror missing angles" mixes up horizontal and vertical measurements, if you use e.g. 10° increment on vertical and 15° on horizontal measurements. I don't think this beheavior is usefull in any scenario.

This is very useful feature which usually reduces amount of required measurements to half. Mixing of different angle steps in horizontal and vertical planes is prohibited in measurement preparations pdf. Sorry that the statement is a bit indirect. But it's there and you should comply to get correct result.

Is there a way to limit power or maximum Amp which is available, in order to find the threshold of what the amp should be able to deliver ??????

Sorry I didn't get this.
Generally, I'm not big fan of simulating power and excursion with steady state flat response signal. It's not very practical because spectrum, peak / r.m.s, decays etc. are not the same as with music signal. So more and complex parameters without better connection to reality are not very valuable.

Thank you for the answer on simulating power.

Just a follow up on Isobaric: I manually select 2 drivers, check isobaric and parallel boxes, that's what I've been playing with and so far, everything checks out fairly okay. Re and volume is halved. Doubling the volume or restoring it to a normal 2 drivers in parallel return a +2dB, this figure should be +3dB. So maybe that is something you could look at kimmosto.

Super happy about the feature and grateful for the work, splendid.

I manually select 2 drivers, check isobaric and parallel boxes...

Please note that you should select "1 driver" from driver count listbox if you have one pair of drivers in isobaric configuration. This is partly confusing though mentioned in tooltips and user manual. At the same this is probably the best way to make some sense if you have multiple isobaric pairs in complex enclosure system in series, parallel, 2||2.. or 3||3.. electrical connection. Then it's much easier to understand isobaric pair as a single driver.

I have already changed texts in the listbox so that items for isobaric are: "1 pair", "2 pairs", ..., "12 pairs", and for normal "1 driver", "2 drivers", ...

Last edited: