VFL 500.1

Hi all
I am trying to fix the above mentioned amplifier. Outputs and power supply mosfets had blown. Changed the power supply fets. Also changed the bad shorted audio ic in output driver card. Amp powers up without outputs installed. But the two caps mentioned in the picture gets very hot and there is no low side drive. Amp trying to pull plenty current. I am sure is because of those two caps. I removed both and xhecked them and they are good. Anybody has any schematics or any idea about this issue. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20230318_094520.jpg
    20230318_094520.jpg
    765.3 KB · Views: 41
Oh sorry one is resistor and one capacitor. It was typing mistake. I removed the cap and resistor. Now amp coming with good low side oscillations on all the four set outs. Do you want me install back the resistor and cap and measure dc across the resistor. Or measure dc without resistor.

There is black glue that dried on top of board when I cleaned it I found the place around capacitor end that connects to resistor is burned and carbon around it. Picture attached. No matter how much I clean it is still conducting. I wonder if to cut the trace and connect it from behind.

Attachments

• 20230318_125628.jpg
    20230318_125628.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 34
Thank you for everything Sir. I cut the track and hard wired it from back. Everything seems to be good. But I have one doubt on one of the coil the colour of wire became dark. I dont know if that will give any problem. But the outputs those are connected to that coil were good. Please check the image.

Attachments

• 20230318_094520.jpg
    20230318_094520.jpg
    764.8 KB · Views: 25
That's likely due to a short between the windings. You may be able to unwrap it and insulate it. When you power the amp back up (completely reassembled), let it idle (confirming that it has rail-rail oscillation on the output transistors) and monitor that part of the coil to confirm that it's not heating more than the rest of the windings.