• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Versatile and comfortable passive pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gentlemen,

I like very much and offer you this PRE-Amplifier,
It consists of (Images on the bottom):

- a 30VA R-Core giving power to the used Calvin Line Buffer and to the RPRE itself
- a DC Mains filter
- a Soft-Power-On Circuit which will be able to even remotely switch on/off your amplifier
- the Calvin Buffer PCB, which is being operated by a +/- 18VDC power supply, being established by a LM3x7 Tracking-PreRegulator PSU, the ripple voltage of which is less than 1mV!
- the RPRE (all of its functions (attenuation (see image 2:the LDRs are perfectly matched), source selection, Mute, Soft-Power-On, ...) are being controlled by the Grande-SEKI-Remote control unit

All of the parts are "nearly-unused", and I will offer this kit to you for 110€ (shipping worldwide is included).
My offer includes everything being seen on image1.

So: you only need a nice cabinet for my PRE-offer and Source-In - and a OUT RCA-plug(s).
If you ever want to have a nice, versatile PRE: here it is.

If you have any question: give me a PM.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• PRE 021.jpg
    PRE 021.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 308
  • PRE 019.jpg
    PRE 019.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 293
  • PRE 015.jpg
    PRE 015.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Gentlemen, I am having a problem currently.

I have sent to e_fortier, SPEAKERT, ANDREAS-B, JRKO the ordered items/letters/small parcels in the time shortly before Christmas and NewYear.

None of the letters/parcels have shown up at the recipients up to date.

Can you therefore please inform me, when your orders have finally arrived?

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Hi All,

It's been a long time since I started this project, but I had some focused time this weekend to work on it. I've got it all mounted in the case, and was doing some testing today.

I have a rather odd condition that involves the remote and volume control. Regardless, of the orientation of the power pins, the volume control works just the opposite of the way it should. When you turn it to the right, the sound goes down, and the left it goes up. Rudi mentions in the build guide to simply reverse the power leads to the motor to correct this which I have done to no avail.

But here's the truly bizarre part... when you do press the remote volume buttons, when you stop pressing the volume keeps going. It continues until the pot is all the way turn up or down! :( Not good. Has anyone else had this problem. All the other functions of the remote work correctly.

Any suggestions on where I might start to look for the problem that might be causing this?

Rick

Rick, pull of the 2-pole motor-connector and turn the potentiometer manually.
Does the problem (volume becomes lower when you expect it to become higher) still exist? Then swap the 2 outer leads of the 3-pole potentiometer connector.

There is a problem in the firmware of your PIC-version.
Please give me a picture of your PCB (so I know the version/revision), and I will send you a new PIC-processor with the reported error corrected.

Best regards - Rudi

As Rudi suggests, you need to reverse the wiring on the pot. The easiest way is to extract the pins from the connector (shunt and serial) and swap them over (not sure if it makes a difference but I'm using the Alps pot).

Rudi, the firmware you sent did the trick and cured the other problem that Rick is referring to with the volume control. Thanks for the great support.

I've just about finished and will write a report on how good it sounds, with and without the buffer.

Rudi,

I reversed the pins on the 3-pin connector and it does operate as a normal volume control now - manually. Here's a picture of my board. Send me 2 PIC processors Rudi, as I have another board I'm putting together as well.

Rick

Edit: BTW, is the PIC processor used in the original VCPre compatible with the RPre programming or not?

Attachments

• P1120314.jpg
    P1120314.jpg
    585.1 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Rick: each PCB-version has its own PIC-firmware, since I am using different assignments of the PIC's in-/output pins. So the firmware is not downward-compatible.

Why did you flip the transistors of the simplistic Pass B1-buffer?
Aren't they 2SK170s?

Best regards - Rudi
Remember, this is one of my boards that you put together to test everything and sent it to me assembled. That why I assumed it would work out of the box. So I didn't flip the transistors. I believe I read on the forum thread, or your instruction that they needed to be flipped.

Rick

Which was fixed by some mailing and the replacement PIC Rudi sent me.

Mine is working great since, and puts a smile on my face each time I use it - (i.e. when I'm home it's on)

:happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1:
When I was testing mine yesterday manually on my bench, it did sound very nice - even in a non-critical listening environment. Can't wait to test it with my latest First One amp that is simply amazing sounding. :) All other functions of the remote are working as expected. Now it's on to the 2nd board I will using in an integrated amp with a Raspberri Pi. :)

I'm awaiting the corrected PICs from Rudi.

Rick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.