• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Versatile and comfortable passive pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@ANJUMP123:

whilst METAL is busy programming the firmware for the digital-potentiometer MCP42100 being followed by a VCCS, I myself am layouting this passive RPRE_V2 (see attached image).

Let me once more summarize the capabilities of this small (100x100mm) PCB:

- Source selection (between 4 music-sources)
- LDR - based attenuation
- MUTE - function
- Temperature display
- Interface to Soft-Power-On / Mains-DC filter PCB (thereby switching on/off your amplifier)
- Every function can be done / will be displayed by a Remote Control Facility / LCD

Is there any function missing?

METAL and I know one another for a couple of years.
Together: we are a very strong DIY - team.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S.: I will need to do a couple of "cosmetic" changes to the layout, of course.
P.P.S.: My personal impression is: "Software" (like the one to implement the MCP42100) will play a major role in future, and it is best to get used to it right now. ;)

Attachments

• RPre_V2.png
    RPre_V2.png
    280.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
I have ordered 10 of the RPRE_V2 - PCBs (as shown in post #785) today.
The size of the PCB is 100x100mm.

I won't do a "big group-buy" this time, but will offer some "spare" PCBs and some of the needed parts in a "small group-buy".

Have a look at image 1.
I will keep 3 PCBs for myself, METAL will have 2.
So: there a 5 PCBs left that I want to offer.

The "small group-buy" will include:

- the RPRE_V2 - PCB; the price will be 7€
- a pre-programmed PIC µProcessor; the price will be 5€
- an Infrared Remote Control Unit, brand: SEKI-Grande; the price will be 13€
(if you already have a programmable IRC, I will tell you the system-address and command code, to which the µP's firmware is responding)
- a quad of well matched LDRs (I do not yet know, if I will match them myself or take an approriate offer)

The EXCEL-sheet shows APNNETO and ANJUMP123 having interest.
Please confirm!
So there are 3 PCBs left.

About the time-schedule:

I ordered the PCBs today, meaning that I will have them in about 3-4 weeks.
I will send 2 PCBs to METAL immediately.
Then METAL and I will begin to solder the PCB and implement and test the firmware.
After a thorough check of the firmware I will program the µPs.
So it will take about 7-8 weeks, until I will send you the ordered parts.

If you are interested (if you want to know more about the capabilities of the RPre-V2): tell me.

Attachments

• Image2.png
    Image2.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 206
  • seki.jpg
    seki.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 210
Gentlemen, all of the 10 PCBs that I have ordered are assigned (see attached image 1).
Please do not ask me anymore.

Rick: this PRE will be the perfect mate for your "BlackBeauty - SYMASYM" (see attached image 2 of my own SYMASYM).
The shown PRE (the current version) uses a motorized potentiometer.
The new, offered version will replace it by a digitally controlled potentiometer.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Green_Beauty_1.JPG
    Green_Beauty_1.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 199
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.