Veganism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done some homework on this and found thousands of studies on tilapia.
Can't put specific links here as I get 'strikes' for that.
Basically what I see there is a purging issue with them, particularly Pb.
The process can take up to ten days. ( see pic study references)
Farms loose the economic advantage if the tiaplia are properly purged. There is too disagreement on proper purging techniques.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20190402_0002.png
    wp_ss_20190402_0002.png
    329 KB · Views: 130
I've been away from this thread for a while so apologise if I'm going over old ground (pun intended) with a question regarding vegan gardening, a method that is said to give you "clean, ethically produced crops that are safe to eat."

A vegan expert says "Animal manures used to help plants grow can be contaminated with infectious diseases such as E coli and listeria . . . manure-borne salmonella or campylobacter could make you ill."

A gardening expert tells us how to grow better vegatables: "When it comes to feeding the soil, cow manure just can't be beaten."

Now, I want to bite my potatoes - I don't want my potatoes to bite me! :eek:

So, my question is - who do I believe or is all just a load of bulls**t?

Most of those bacteria you listed are common in most omnivore/carnivore animals "end products".
Food for thought: I would be more worried if your eggs have been properly cleaned, than if there's a bit of cow dung on your carrot.

I have a pocket sized Geiger-Muller counter and will take to the grocery next visit.
Will see if any fish, beef, mushrooms, turnips etc etc have high counts.
Possibly tiaplia will have the lowest count?

... Wasn't it you that wondered about certain asian peoples reaction when wearing a tung sol tshirt?
Or maybe I'm mixing stuff up.
At any rate: wonder how they'll react to both the tshirt AND the geiger counter... :D

This is the model I have but added a rca jack output to data acquisition.
Notice the audio can be turned off and still see LED.
So it will not make people nervous. Perfect for fish markets.

Attachments

• S-E-Pocket-Size-Portable-Radiation-Alert-Monitors-Monitor-4-Model-MONITOR-4-Each.jpg
    S-E-Pocket-Size-Portable-Radiation-Alert-Monitors-Monitor-4-Model-MONITOR-4-Each.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 238
This is the model I have but added a rca jack output to data acquisition.
Notice the audio can be turned off and still see LED.
So it will not make people nervous. Perfect for fish markets.

I was asked to leave the store, but I had the "WW3" Civil Defense version with that clicking sound from the movies. It came with a calibration patch on the side that is still close at >50yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.