Veganism

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all treat everything differently that we catagorise as different in our heads. How we internally catagorise is a matter of complex nurture and can be very individual.
It's much more than just in our heads. The differences mentioned in above examples are very tangible and clear.

Most people treat humans around them differently from each other, as individuals. We'll even catagorise them into personality types and treat each type in certain different ways.

Very easily people can switch to catagorise a bunch of humans, based on nothing but an implanted idea, as "them" and treat them very differently from other humans. Sometimes it goes as far as catagorising them as non-human and unworthy of life itself.

It is not a fixed moral position, how we treat other living creatures, not something based on the "truths" of an external world (external to the human mind).
How we relate and treat other creatures is all internally based. It is essentially abstract and arbitrary and a self-made illusion.
Rhetorical question, equating animals with human would be self-made illusion too, no?

A problem with human perception is that many see their normalised worlds as "the truth", even worse a "moral truth". The ego then tries to impart this to others,
I see that all over human society. Another rhetorical question, does that exist in animal kingdom?

Plenty of humans I wouldn't let in my house
For specific reason but it's not the same reason as letting in chickens and or cows.
whilst i would let chickens in (cows too if I had a big enough space and rooms where things wouldn't get trashed - just practical considerations).
I'm all for practicality. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.